Any plans for champion levels?

Started 31 Dec 2020
by oldmanukko
in Ask the Team
...subject says it all
Mon 4 Jan 2021 2:17 AM by daytonchambers
In short... I doubt it.

It's been asked for a few times since server launch, and overwhelmingly gets shat on because a lot of ignorant players think that CLs have the same power as MLs and freak out.

Personally I would love for them to be added, to toss in a dash of sub-classing to the game.
Mon 4 Jan 2021 2:35 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I miss being rooted out on a tank and spamming disease for 8 seconds.
Mon 4 Jan 2021 5:00 AM by easytoremember
daytonchambers wrote:
Mon 4 Jan 2021 2:17 AM
In short... I doubt it.

It's been asked for a few times since server launch, and overwhelmingly gets shat on because a lot of ignorant players think that CLs have the same power as MLs and freak out.
maybe people hate everyone running around with an extra 10% magic resists? Viking, Fighter, Guardian, Mystic, Magus, Elementist, Magician, Rogue, Rogue, and Stalker trees never saw usage

Seer, Acolyte, Naturalist disease tree 5/5, resists tree 5/5
bland, mirrored, boring
Mon 4 Jan 2021 6:53 AM by Lollie
Fun times on a shaman styling away with a 2 handed hammer though
Mon 4 Jan 2021 1:43 PM by Centenario
I never played the champion level, I’d like to just continue leveling after 50 for maybe some cosmetic rewards or PvE only things.

Would give the PvE/farming/DS crowd more ways to improve their characters on top of RR.

Sometimes I’d like to go farm in Avalon city to do some oldschool solo PvE grind, but right now it’s too pointless, the rewards (rog/jewelry/etc..) are crappy, there is not enough lore progression or questing to make it worthwhile either, maybe some kind of champion level storyline, some kind of reputation grind, or some cosmetic rewards (titles, appearances, or custom ability visuals) could make it great again.

I am for additional challenges: 1-50 solo leveling, 1-50 zero death.

The titles for dragon kills and epic dungeon and legion kills are cool, but they are only achievable with large parties. It would be nice to have some small man or solo achievable things.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:29 AM by daytonchambers
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 4 Jan 2021 5:00 AM
daytonchambers wrote:
In short... I doubt it.

maybe people hate everyone running around with an extra 10% magic resists? Viking, Fighter, Guardian, Mystic, Magus, Elementist, Magician, Rogue, Rogue, and Stalker trees never saw usage

bland, mirrored, boring

I don't recall the resist tree, that must have been added after I stopped playing. And that tree could easily be removed so that resists stay where they are.

The seer buff tree would be somewhat pointless with the available pots, or could simply be redundant so that players have a choice to spec for pot-tier buffs or spend points elsewhere and continue using the potions.

Light tanks, or rogues with zero effective range attack could spec a basic spell to interrupt while rooted, so that they have an option to counter an endless kite.

I personally used melee styles on a supp Bonedancer with a staff and it was crazy fun. Aug healers could do the same, as could smite clerics or nature druids.

The key here is options for players. Not everyone is a min/max fanatic, some of us play the game to simply have fun playing
Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:06 AM by easytoremember
daytonchambers wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:29 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 4 Jan 2021 5:00 AM
daytonchambers wrote:
In short... I doubt it.

bland, mirrored, boring

I don't recall the resist tree, that must have been added after I stopped playing. And that tree could easily be removed so that resists stay where they are.

The seer buff tree would be somewhat pointless with the available pots, or could simply be redundant so that players have a choice to spec for pot-tier buffs or spend points elsewhere and continue using the potions.

Light tanks, or rogues with zero effective range attack could spec a basic spell to interrupt while rooted, so that they have an option to counter an endless kite.

I personally used melee styles on a supp Bonedancer with a staff and it was crazy fun. Aug healers could do the same, as could smite clerics or nature druids.

The key here is options for players. Not everyone is a min/max fanatic, some of us play the game to simply have fun playing
as long as they do custom it sounds fun to subclass~
I was using a CL anytimer style on a 2H savage just because it had a Wizard's fire dd effect on it and the animation was the backstun from Large Weapon but the growthrate sucked (.3) and the DD delved for 20.

Given the style changes they almost put in, the CL tree would come straight from Live though
Tue 5 Jan 2021 11:11 AM by Uthred
oldmanukko wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 6:55 PM
...subject says it all
No plans so far.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics