Which class Setups are going to be the Vision for the Meta Hanges in Hibernia/Midgard

Started 24 Dec 2020
by Sepplord
in Ask the Team
So, you have announced huge balance changes focussed on 8vs8 to shake up the Meta and the general direction was defined for the albtankers (aka Paladin/friars will probably get something to make them more attractive, while for example reavers don't seem like they will become a part of the new intended meta-setups.

Apparently you are not far enough in your Vision regarding the other realms, as corresponding detailed threads haven't been put up yet.
But maybe you are already far enough to mention the planned meta-setups for the other realms?

Imo that would have a few positive effects:

-a better understanding for the scope of the changes and left out classes would not get their hopes up

-proposals/feedback regarding albtanker buffs could better take coming changes in the other realms into account (only to low extent, since changes themselves are ofcourse still unknown)

-less feeling in the community that Albion is being favored Personally i don't think that is happening (If you are changed first, chances are that at the end you aren't as strong anymore since your changes were done in the old meta) but the overwhelming opinion i have read/heard in discord is that weak comps (Like Midgard caster) were nerfed for no reason and are not being adressed outside of some vague announcement to adress that at some later point

-during the Holidays more people have time, so you could get more feedback on all topics instead of focusing it on only one

Happy holidays
Thu 24 Dec 2020 7:59 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 7:52 AM
(Like Midgard caster) were nerfed for no reason and are not being adressed outside of some vague announcement to adress that at some later point

That's because people have shitty reading comprehension; I'm not saying you do, but plenty of people seem to have missed this part of the initial post: "The resulting changes would be applied in the same patch."

It's not at a later date, they're all being launched at once, the discussions are being done one at a time.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:09 AM by Sepplord
https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/news/27893-2020-12-23-wednesday#152253

The debuff nerf is already live though...the part you quoted has already happened.

But i agree that the bias-problem ist still mainly a perception issue and not actually there. Still is good to keep that perception as little as possible
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:41 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:09 AM
The debuff nerf is already live though...the part you quoted has already happened.

No, the part I quoted did not already happen. Go look at the announcement thread and look at what the first item of discussion is: https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/27894-more-balance-changes-with-community-involvement#p152262

The debuff changes are not, and never were, a part of this nerf/buff cycle, it is literally starting with the discussion of Albion tank group buffs.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 9:07 AM by Uthred
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:41 AM
No, the part I quoted did not already happen. Go look at the announcement thread and look at what the first item of discussion is: https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/27894-more-balance-changes-with-community-involvement#p152262

The debuff changes are not, and never were, a part of this nerf/buff cycle, it is literally starting with the discussion of Albion tank group buffs.

You are 100% correct.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 9:07 AM by Sepplord
You quoted Midgard caster Setup being nerfed, and that has already happened, the vague announcement for a later change has already happened too

But yeah, guess we just disagree again...
either way it is a technicality and off topic
Thu 24 Dec 2020 11:40 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 9:07 AM
You quoted Midgard caster Setup being nerfed, and that has already happened, the vague announcement for a later change has already happened too

But yeah, guess we just disagree again...
either way it is a technicality and off topic

Nevermind, you're definitely among those with shitty reading comprehension.

Even after Uthred backed me up you say I'm wrong.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 12:09 PM by Sepplord
Uthred is saying you are 100% correct about the groupmeta changes coming at the same time, which i never claimed to be wrong....but i guess it is a good example how comments in this forum often distract from the question

And to be honest, while uthred is doing an overall amazing Job and effort with this Server, his answers/replies in threads are often completly offtopic or missing the Point as he is also just a human and not some deity

But since He has already replied, but chose to ignore the questions completely i guess going offtopic isn't an issue anymore so i will elaborate where i think Out misunderstanding stems from:

I never claimed that debuff changes and the groupmeta changes were part of the same announcement. I simply said that midcaster groups were nerfed for no reason and that isn't adressed outside of the other announcement with a vague Timeline aka at a later point.

Motive how ibnever Said that Midgard groups would get adressed at a later point COMPARED TO ALBTANKERS. The Referenzen Point for "at a later point" is the debuffnerf which already hit Midgard despite midcastergroups already being underpowered.
You literally quoted that context so i thought you Had understood the reference Point.
I also never disagreed with your point, Just thought that the quote was really really unfitting to what you were saying

(Like Midgard caster) were nerfed for no reason
Already happened, true statement

not being adressed outside of some vague announcement
If i missed it, pleased Point ne towards a different source where it is adressed

to adress that at some later point
Since the debuff Change is already live and the group Hanges aren't, i guess you should agree that it will (at best) be adressed at a later point. Not later than other group changes but later than the nerf that is leaving certain weak classes nerfed even more for weeks? Months? Forever?
Thu 31 Dec 2020 8:44 PM by mattymc
Whatever comes of this whole discussion it will only be helpful IF the people who are chosen are given the reasoning behind the previous changes AND the uneven starting points. Also, it would be helpful to have an idea of HOW change effects will or should be measured...this is what deteriorated so fast on live as random changes were made without regard to effect and never adjusted reasonably. Additionally, no changes can be made without a consensus being reached as to where we are now...which should be a lively debate. Ultimately trying to balance 8 v 8 is great --- but it's just one part of a greater piece.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics