Enchanter - Mastery of Arcane (Pet-Buffs)

Started 15 Nov 2020
by Patron
in Ask the Team
Hello staff and folks,
i tested the absorb with and without Mastery of Arcane and it makes really no difference for pet-absorb if i go mastery of Arcane 6 or no.
Pet always get same dmg with cap-buffs.
Is this working as intended or maybe a little bug?

I would expect, as buffing class, the mastery of arcane should change smth, but nothing really changing.
I rode in internet, that enchanter, which spec enchantment 50 and mastery of arcane, it even raise the dmg-add, but it will not effected by mastery of arcane.

Would be glad to hear smth from the staff about this complex. Would it possible to add the effect of MoArcane to petbuffs?

Thx in advance
Sat 21 Nov 2020 6:12 PM by Patron
I feel sad got ignored for a week now.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:50 PM by Valaraukar
Patron wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 6:12 PM
I feel sad got ignored for a week now.

Welcome to my world
Sat 28 Nov 2020 10:18 AM by Patron
bumb
Wed 9 Dec 2020 8:59 AM by Patron
Bumb
Tue 22 Dec 2020 6:57 PM by Patron
bumb till a staffmember answer
Tue 22 Dec 2020 7:24 PM by easytoremember
The scaling per point of CON for melee abs got nerfed so I don't believe you're going to see much benefit with Arcane 9+max enchantment buffs, and for that reason I'm fairly certain it is already working correctly, albeit the returns are marginal
Wed 23 Dec 2020 11:54 AM by Patron
Youre not the team (Ask the Team), but thx 4 react.
It work on animist verdant shroom very well as druid, and buffs are buffs. Otherwise it would be a dead RA.
Or can anyone tell me the use to skill moarcane as Enchanter?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 8:43 AM by Patron
Bumb
Sun 27 Dec 2020 9:03 AM by easytoremember
Patron wrote:
Wed 23 Dec 2020 11:54 AM
Youre not the team (Ask the Team), but thx 4 react.
It work on animist verdant shroom very well as druid, and buffs are buffs. Otherwise it would be a dead RA.
Or can anyone tell me the use to skill moarcane as Enchanter?
After looking at the spell line it's because you lack base CON, base AF, spec AF, and base DEX in enchantments, all of which contribute for PvE melee
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:02 AM by Patron
Petbuffs not increase stats or af, they just increase absorb on Phoenix.
Druid buff ani verdantshroom or enchanter it raise absorb.
When ench buff the pet, it increase absorb.
So same mechanic.

But why moarcane buff druid buffs for pets, aka absorb, but doing nothing when enchanter with moarcane buff their pet?

Or other words, why moarcane raise druidbuffs, but not enchbuffs?
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:31 AM by easytoremember
Because the druid has more buffs than you do- that's it

An 80 CON increase with 30% from arcane only adds 24 CON
104 CON is insignificant compared to a Druid's buffs with 0 Arcane. The only benefit I can see for MotA on Enchanter is his self AF, his pet's casting speed, and his pet's bulk vs magic damage. Since you lack base DEX even the cast gains are very marginal

Edit: To add, they nerfed the curve on ABS derived from stat buffs on pets pretty hard some time back. You hit a soft cap very fast and each additional point to a given stat loses effectiveness rapidly. When looking at a full buffed pet it's reasonable, but for something like MotA bumping a few points here and there your benefit vs cost is quashed
Tue 29 Dec 2020 2:30 AM by Bradekes
Stat buffs increase other things than just ABS. Str increases pet melee dmg, dex increase pet cast speed, qui increase pet attack speed
Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:41 PM by gruenesschaf
Patron wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 1:02 AM
Petbuffs not increase stats or af, they just increase absorb on Phoenix.

Pet buffs work as they do on players with the typical npc differences being that con only raises absorb and dex raises absorb in addition to the normal effects. The only unexpected thing should be that spec af and acuity does nothing and base af increases absorb not af.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:54 PM by Bradekes
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:41 PM
Pet buffs work as they do on players with the typical npc differences being that con only raises absorb and dex raises absorb in addition to the normal effects. The only unexpected thing should be that af buffs and acuity does nothing.

I wanted to clarify for gruens as I believe it was mistyped. Base AF affects pets but not spec AF.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:49 PM by gruenesschaf
Bradekes wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:54 PM
I wanted to clarify for gruens as I believe it was mistyped. Base AF affects pets but not spec AF.

fixed
Wed 20 Jan 2021 8:26 AM by Patron
Thank you very much gruenesschaf for your time. I want to understand the use of MotA on Enchanter fully.

Ok, thanks gruenesschaf for clarification.
Just as a conclusion to make it clear:

gruenesschaf wrote: The only unexpected thing should be that spec af and acuity does nothing and base af increases absorb not af.
Spec af and acuicity, same as base af are not buffable from enchanter to the pet, right? So you mean the effect on enchanter when pot of combined force used, right?

Effect of Petbuffs:

gruenesschaf wrote: Pet buffs work as they do on players with the typical npc differences being that con only raises absorb and dex raises absorb in addition to the normal effects.

Str/Con = Strength = Melleedmg (no absorb), Con = only raise absorb
Dex/Quick = Dex = usual effects (pierce dmg (did it count on underhill friend?), cast speed) + absorb, Quick= Evade, swingspeed (no absorb)
Dmg Add: Dmg-Add as usual
Self Heal Proc for Pet: Healproc as usual
Piercing Magic: Raise the lvl and damage of the pets spells (Only dmg spells, not heal spells or mellee or proc-values and not proc-chance, right?)

Effect of MotA for Ench-buffs from Ench-Spec:

Strength Constitution Buff (Pet) = More Strength, Not more con but absorb
Dexterity Quickness Buff (Pet) = More Dex, not more absorb. Quick: more absorb
Damage Add = No effect
Defensive Proc (Pet): Heal (Self) = No effect
Piercing Magic (Pet) = No effect

MotA usual buff-enhancement when pot of combined forces used, right?
And MotA not effect the self-buffs from enchanter or dmg shield or focus shield from mana-spec, right?
And MotA not effect the selfbuffs from the pets right? Example: the spec-AF buff from underhill compatriot (Tank-pet)

Is this the current state?

I am be very thankful for a final clarification from you @gruenesschaf.

Thanks in advance
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics