Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

goten9033 wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 6:07 AM
The game was created with stealth classes, and you knew that when you started playing. If you don’t like that there’s plenty of other game options.

As far as stealthers grouping ? It gets old getting ran over by small man or full groups . There is absolutely nothing wrong with stealthers grouping up.

To solo is a choice visi or stealth. And I know many enjoy that but we all have to understand the game is realm vs realm and no one is breaking any rules playing it as such. The game was designed to be a realm war.

What you say is true, but is it really practical? I play with two or three friends in a small man, and when we roam and get hit by an 6+ man of stealthers and pretty much one or two of us insta die? Well when stuff like that happens over and over we find something else to play. You really think the server's dwindling population can support all the solo/small mans logging off and finding another game? It can't...

The only thing that's going to be left are the ten or so set 8mans, the stealth zergs, and the lame ass keep take bgs. If that's what you really want in a server then more power to ya, but that's how servers die.

You might say that's a choice to run as a small or solo, but is it really? When pugging on this server has gotten so bad you sit there for the hour or two you have to play looking for a group so you're not fodder? Then it doesn't really become a choice but your only option. So, instead of wasting my time trying to form or join a group that's probably going to break up once it gets rolled enough by set 8s or zergs, people solo or small man with the friends they've made on this server.

Of course it's not breaking the rules, but it's crap what they do. They only do it so they can farm solos and people who are running with smaller numbers. At least when 8mans do it smaller numbers can avoid them when they pan their camera there's pretty much no defense against stealth group's style of play. Sure, you can use stealth pots, but those really don't help when the group scatters in every direction. You're lucky to get one or two of 'em. Or your other choice is to avoid the zones they're in, which is the task zone. Sure that's definitely a viable option if you want to do nothing but check out the low resolution scenery of daoc and find pretty much nothing to even fight.

Bottom line, their style of play is detrimental to this server and they have pretty much already made me stop playing my melee hunter. Because there's literally no point to it. I am sure that I am not alone in that, how long before you see the duos/small mans drop off from the server?
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

mattymc wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 1:03 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:44 AM
mattymc wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:10 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:19 PM
mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:04 PM
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

Who is your solo toon, I am still waiting...

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.

Your ignorance amazes me...tell me why we must cater to solo's in a group/BG game? Tell me why when someone says or intimates that stealthers are OP everyone has to 100% buy that??? WTF do you care what or who I solo on? I have a do solo on anything I damn well please and take the consequences as they come....

Stealthers were put into the game to assist the realm war --- people found them fun to solo on -- fine. Why do we then give them all kinds of buffed crap from live without giving the same buffed crap that helped smash them to the visi's at the same power level -- cause here on Phoenix that is what has happened; so why do we cater to such a small minority while the RvR game is circling the bowl.....GM's need to get a vision and stick with it or we will continue the descent into the live paradigm

Si let me be clear for everyone. You don't solo. Yet you complain about stealthers groups are OP and farming solos. It's because 3vs3 a stealth group is usually disadvantage vs 3 visi (not always the case for alb with a ministrel usually but ok, I would remove stealth from mincer myself).

I care if you solo, because you would have maybe an idea about how strong sins are, and you would not complain about the strength of the class. And you use the fact those people gank on solos to ask for a nerf. lmao.

Then you say assassins are supposed to help in the realm war.
How? An asn is worth shit in attack or defense of structure. A light tank is much better. Poisons are useless vs someone in a group with healers, and without vanish, you die in 3secs.

I am a liar, but you are the one giving false facts about stealthers being 30% of the population, it's the pot calling the kettle black LOL!

Why should we catter about solos ? Because they are the food for small mans. If there are no solo, small mans have no targets. If small mans have no targets, they will stop going out and play less. And then step by step, the population diminishes. But I am sure in your infinite wisdom, you knew that xD!!!
Also, stealthers give lots of infos to the bg about ennemies moving through the zf.

On every poste you make, you lie about numbers (it was the same on mid is dying) and show that you have no idea about game balancing. Now you can stop posting.

Next please!

LOL, you need to get someone to teach you reading comprehension --- your logic is truly horrid and you simply ramble on with whatever ignorance fills your brain. Get some help.

Again no arguments. You are a salty whinner, we got it.

Mid is dying when all they do all day long is the task with 6 fg QQ. I am going to lie on forums about numbers and the reasons we suck in Zerg vs Zerg and we keep losing. We have 20 lvl 50 less than hib, which were also 20 less than albs and they are still dominating. It's not a BG leader problem, even though when polemo came back, the situation flipped. I am going to cry on forums about how mid is weak QQ.

Omg, I hate stealthers. They make 15-20% of the population and most play in BG. I can't kill one because I don't know how to play solo. Let me lie about the numbers and then tell people how they kill this server by showing my poor understanding of the player food chain. Nerf them! QQ...

Forlornhope wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 6:53 AM
goten9033 wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 6:07 AM
The game was created with stealth classes, and you knew that when you started playing. If you don’t like that there’s plenty of other game options.

As far as stealthers grouping ? It gets old getting ran over by small man or full groups . There is absolutely nothing wrong with stealthers grouping up.

To solo is a choice visi or stealth. And I know many enjoy that but we all have to understand the game is realm vs realm and no one is breaking any rules playing it as such. The game was designed to be a realm war.

What you say is true, but is it really practical? I play with two or three friends in a small man, and when we roam and get hit by an 6+ man of stealthers and pretty much one or two of us insta die? Well when stuff like that happens over and over we find something else to play. You really think the server's dwindling population can support all the solo/small mans logging off and finding another game? It can't...

The only thing that's going to be left are the ten or so set 8mans, the stealth zergs, and the lame ass keep take bgs. If that's what you really want in a server then more power to ya, but that's how servers die.

You might say that's a choice to run as a small or solo, but is it really? When pugging on this server has gotten so bad you sit there for the hour or two you have to play looking for a group so you're not fodder? Then it doesn't really become a choice but your only option. So, instead of wasting my time trying to form or join a group that's probably going to break up once it gets rolled enough by set 8s or zergs, people solo or small man with the friends they've made on this server.

Of course it's not breaking the rules, but it's crap what they do. They only do it so they can farm solos and people who are running with smaller numbers. At least when 8mans do it smaller numbers can avoid them when they pan their camera there's pretty much no defense against stealth group's style of play. Sure, you can use stealth pots, but those really don't help when the group scatters in every direction. You're lucky to get one or two of 'em. Or your other choice is to avoid the zones they're in, which is the task zone. Sure that's definitely a viable option if you want to do nothing but check out the low resolution scenery of daoc and find pretty much nothing to even fight.

Bottom line, their style of play is detrimental to this server and they have pretty much already made me stop playing my melee hunter. Because there's literally no point to it. I am sure that I am not alone in that, how long before you see the duos/small mans drop off from the server?

So you quit or the stealth groups quit.

This game is not for everyone. This game cannot support all styles of play.

So avoid stealth group areas (if that's even possible) or quit.

While it's possible that the team would remove stealth (I put nothing past the dev team), it's very, very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So accept that the game is flawed or quit.

imweasel wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:54 PM

While it's possible that the team would remove stealth (I put nothing past the dev team), it's very, very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Can we then plz return to the flawed state when bow/stealth(pa) damage was garbage plz

Azrael wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:01 PM
imweasel wrote:

Can we then plz return to the flawed state when bow/stealth(pa) damage was garbage plz

Yes. Let's engineer additional changes to encourage more grouping.

And it's not like bow damage is garbage. There is just very, very little incentive to spec bow past 35ish for rvr/pvp.

imweasel wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 6:06 PM
Azrael wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:01 PM
imweasel wrote:

Yes. Let's engineer additional changes to encourage more grouping.

And it's not like bow damage is garbage. There is just very, very little incentive to spec bow past 35ish for rvr/pvp.

There is nothing to group if you already 8

Noashakra wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 8:40 AM
mattymc wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 1:03 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:44 AM
mattymc wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:10 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:19 PM
mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:04 PM
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

Who is your solo toon, I am still waiting...

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.

Your ignorance amazes me...tell me why we must cater to solo's in a group/BG game? Tell me why when someone says or intimates that stealthers are OP everyone has to 100% buy that??? WTF do you care what or who I solo on? I have a do solo on anything I damn well please and take the consequences as they come....

Stealthers were put into the game to assist the realm war --- people found them fun to solo on -- fine. Why do we then give them all kinds of buffed crap from live without giving the same buffed crap that helped smash them to the visi's at the same power level -- cause here on Phoenix that is what has happened; so why do we cater to such a small minority while the RvR game is circling the bowl.....GM's need to get a vision and stick with it or we will continue the descent into the live paradigm

Si let me be clear for everyone. You don't solo. Yet you complain about stealthers groups are OP and farming solos. It's because 3vs3 a stealth group is usually disadvantage vs 3 visi (not always the case for alb with a ministrel usually but ok, I would remove stealth from mincer myself).

I care if you solo, because you would have maybe an idea about how strong sins are, and you would not complain about the strength of the class. And you use the fact those people gank on solos to ask for a nerf. lmao.

Then you say assassins are supposed to help in the realm war.
How? An asn is worth shit in attack or defense of structure. A light tank is much better. Poisons are useless vs someone in a group with healers, and without vanish, you die in 3secs.

I am a liar, but you are the one giving false facts about stealthers being 30% of the population, it's the pot calling the kettle black LOL!

Why should we catter about solos ? Because they are the food for small mans. If there are no solo, small mans have no targets. If small mans have no targets, they will stop going out and play less. And then step by step, the population diminishes. But I am sure in your infinite wisdom, you knew that xD!!!
Also, stealthers give lots of infos to the bg about ennemies moving through the zf.

On every poste you make, you lie about numbers (it was the same on mid is dying) and show that you have no idea about game balancing. Now you can stop posting.

Next please!

LOL, you need to get someone to teach you reading comprehension --- your logic is truly horrid and you simply ramble on with whatever ignorance fills your brain. Get some help.

Again no arguments. You are a salty whinner, we got it.

Mid is dying when all they do all day long is the task with 6 fg QQ. I am going to lie on forums about numbers and the reasons we suck in Zerg vs Zerg and we keep losing. We have 20 lvl 50 less than hib, which were also 20 less than albs and they are still dominating. It's not a BG leader problem, even though when polemo came back, the situation flipped. I am going to cry on forums about how mid is weak QQ.

Omg, I hate stealthers. They make 15-20% of the population and most play in BG. I can't kill one because I don't know how to play solo. Let me lie about the numbers and then tell people how they kill this server by showing my poor understanding of the player food chain. Nerf them! QQ...

You really have no clue -- it's sad.