Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

Sepplord wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:44 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 10:37 PM
There is an easy solution, common sense. If one realm gets an underpopulation bonus the other realms gets a overpopulation malus for the same amount.

Atm Albion would have ~ -27% rp and feathers.

You can`t have just have a bonus and think it will balance itself over time.

Always funny to see someone make a really shortsighted suggestion without much thought, and backing it up with "common sense" claims...the irony

just leads to toxicity and people mobbing others into logging off since they are "ruining the RP"
Also doesn't have anything to do with the topic being too many stealthers and not one realm having more people in general

Having more ppl playing one realm leads not to more stealthers in this realm? You should play more on Phoenix

It`s like in RL, more ppl in a cluster leads to more idiots.

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:33 AM
Azrael wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:08 PM
lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. E

Oh, it's just the "ranger group with a bard"? That's it? Not the other hibs in the keep WITH SIEGE?

LOL!
That's funny, considering alb groups using cats, DoTs, CC, and GTAOE make manning the walls or the roof of keeps impossible to shoot from due to rupts and dammage while I'm on my ranger. Maybe you're going up against "super rangers" with MoC hax, or maybe you're just complaining about losing to the gojillion other hibs defending the same keep, and just blaming it on archers out of convenience and spite. Regardless, your opinion does not reflect the reality of RvR, and the realm map reflects that almost daily with the loss of 4 or more keeps to both albs and mids.

The fact you solely attack rangers for assisting demonstrates your unrational bias against them, as EVERY class in the game assists, and EVERY class in the game melts the targets they do. Yet you make no mention of caster or melee assist trains, both of which I also participate in on my caster and melee chars.

Your opinion is unreasonable, due to your bias, and will therefore be ignored.

mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:04 PM
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

They're doing the same thing everyone else does, except instead of using speed and crowd control to survive, they use stealth, and yet that's somehow wrong or unfair? No. the answer is no, it isn't.

Have you, at some point, thought about it, that there is a difference of seeing you get debuff nuked or assisted by a melee train in comparison to be killed by a handful of archers you dont see until the damage is done?

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

Azrael wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:38 PM
Have you, at some point, thought about it, that there is a difference of seeing you get debuff nuked or assisted by a melee train in comparison to be killed by a handful of archers you dont see until the damage is done?

Zero difference, as even visible assisting chars can, and do, hit targets that are completely unaware of their presence due to approach angles, and/or engaging targets already engaged in a fight.

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:49 PM
Azrael wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:38 PM
Have you, at some point, thought about it, that there is a difference of seeing you get debuff nuked or assisted by a melee train in comparison to be killed by a handful of archers you dont see until the damage is done?

Zero difference, as even visible assisting chars can, and do, hit targets that are completely unaware of their presence due to approach angles, and/or engaging targets already engaged in a fight.

lul

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

The amount of rangers at the moment is pretty insane, today was around 66 that seemed to be sat in keeps. The knock on effect was the hib BG is swollen with many low utility stealther alts, therefore making it even tougher when attacking a defended tower/keep - as seen in the last few days.

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

Neso wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:24 PM
The amount of [sorcerers] at the moment is pretty insane, today was around [1,297] that seemed to be sat in keeps. The knock on effect was the [Alb] BG is swollen with many low utility [caster] alts, therefore making it even tougher when attacking a defended tower/keep - as seen in the last few days.

ftfy

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:44 AM
mattymc wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:10 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:19 PM
mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:04 PM
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

Who is your solo toon, I am still waiting...

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.

Your ignorance amazes me...tell me why we must cater to solo's in a group/BG game? Tell me why when someone says or intimates that stealthers are OP everyone has to 100% buy that??? WTF do you care what or who I solo on? I have a do solo on anything I damn well please and take the consequences as they come....

Stealthers were put into the game to assist the realm war --- people found them fun to solo on -- fine. Why do we then give them all kinds of buffed crap from live without giving the same buffed crap that helped smash them to the visi's at the same power level -- cause here on Phoenix that is what has happened; so why do we cater to such a small minority while the RvR game is circling the bowl.....GM's need to get a vision and stick with it or we will continue the descent into the live paradigm

Si let me be clear for everyone. You don't solo. Yet you complain about stealthers groups are OP and farming solos. It's because 3vs3 a stealth group is usually disadvantage vs 3 visi (not always the case for alb with a ministrel usually but ok, I would remove stealth from mincer myself).

I care if you solo, because you would have maybe an idea about how strong sins are, and you would not complain about the strength of the class. And you use the fact those people gank on solos to ask for a nerf. lmao.

Then you say assassins are supposed to help in the realm war.
How? An asn is worth shit in attack or defense of structure. A light tank is much better. Poisons are useless vs someone in a group with healers, and without vanish, you die in 3secs.

I am a liar, but you are the one giving false facts about stealthers being 30% of the population, it's the pot calling the kettle black LOL!

Why should we catter about solos ? Because they are the food for small mans. If there are no solo, small mans have no targets. If small mans have no targets, they will stop going out and play less. And then step by step, the population diminishes. But I am sure in your infinite wisdom, you knew that xD!!!
Also, stealthers give lots of infos to the bg about ennemies moving through the zf.

On every poste you make, you lie about numbers (it was the same on mid is dying) and show that you have no idea about game balancing. Now you can stop posting.

Next please!

LOL, you need to get someone to teach you reading comprehension --- your logic is truly horrid and you simply ramble on with whatever ignorance fills your brain. Get some help.

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 6:27 PM
They should have disabled stealth and given the stealth classes a compensatory skill at server creation (Earth Wizards are proof that they had no problem changing things in drastic ways), stealth has never been anything but a detriment to this game, but it's far too late to do anything about it now.
Thats opinion. Only reason I played this game was to play my stealther. I have other toons I play now but my NS was the reason I played again. I'm sure other have a similar story.

Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

The game was created with stealth classes, and you knew that when you started playing. If you don’t like that there’s plenty of other game options.

As far as stealthers grouping ? It gets old getting ran over by small man or full groups . There is absolutely nothing wrong with stealthers grouping up.

To solo is a choice visi or stealth. And I know many enjoy that but we all have to understand the game is realm vs realm and no one is breaking any rules playing it as such. The game was designed to be a realm war.