Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:12 PM
Stealthers have been OP on this server since day 1. Vanish is op for one thing and stealthers should never have been given purge beyond purge 3.
5 minute purge and det is too forgiving on top of having vanish. Lastly assassins are able to restealth too quickly, it should be bumped to like 12-15 seconds after an attack or getting hit.

It's funny, but no visi soloers think stealthers are OP in duels. Strong? Yeah. OP? Nope.
I wonder why it's always the ones that don't solo who think that... They go solo with deter9 and their group spec and cry that a class that invested all their points to solo kill them.

You do know you have tools to avoid them to restealth? Like instants, or dd charges?
And you have something called SL pots too to find them.

People really like to complain just to complain.

Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:16 PM
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:12 PM
Stealthers have been OP on this server since day 1. Vanish is op for one thing and stealthers should never have been given purge beyond purge 3.
5 minute purge and det is too forgiving on top of having vanish. Lastly assassins are able to restealth too quickly, it should be bumped to like 12-15 seconds after an attack or getting hit.

It's funny, but no visi soloers think stealthers are OP in duels. Strong? Yeah. OP? Nope.
I wonder why it's always the ones that don't solo who think that... They go solo with deter9 and their group spec and cry that a class that invested all their points to solo kill them.

You do know you have tools to avoid them to restealth? Like instants, or dd charges?
And you have something called SL pots too to find them.

People really like to complain just to complain.

OMG I have to agree with Noashakra...will the world end soon??

I think that stealthers are strong but not OP (apart from Rangers but this is another issue). The only thing that I find really really annoying with stealthers is Vanish. It drives me crazy, because it's not a RA meant to win a fight but only to escape. So basically you can win against an assassin only if he has vanish down, otherwise you can only draw, at best, or die. There is no counter against it.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter
Loegen TheBloodyNine - Berserker
Valaraukar Varulven - Bonedancer

GM of Dark Templars - Midgard Italian Guild
"Guldkrona jag passar ej på. Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå"

Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:04 PM
Vanish is crap; hafta concur. The problem is not solo stealthers, the problem is MOST stealthers DON'T solo -- and stealth zergs are way OP --- Mostly because they prey on solo's or wait on 2/3/4 to one odd fights.

Stealthers are impossible to balance in the game and have simply been given too much --- nothing will be done because actually doing something requires a vision for the game.

Who is your solo toon, I am still waiting...

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.

Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 7:19 PM
mattymc wrote:

Who is your solo toon, I am still waiting...

So now we go from stealthers OP, to stealth groups OP... Already a huge change in the discussion..

Stealth zergs are annoying, it's true and I would buff the detection range again against everyone in a stealth group.

Your ignorance amazes me...tell me why we must cater to solo's in a group/BG game? Tell me why when someone says or intimates that stealthers are OP everyone has to 100% buy that??? WTF do you care what or who I solo on? I have a do solo on anything I damn well please and take the consequences as they come....

Stealthers were put into the game to assist the realm war --- people found them fun to solo on -- fine. Why do we then give them all kinds of buffed crap from live without giving the same buffed crap that helped smash them to the visi's at the same power level -- cause here on Phoenix that is what has happened; so why do we cater to such a small minority while the RvR game is circling the bowl.....GM's need to get a vision and stick with it or we will continue the descent into the live paradigm

Azrael wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:08 PM
lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. E

Oh, it's just the "ranger group with a bard"? That's it? Not the other hibs in the keep WITH SIEGE?

LOL!
That's funny, considering alb groups using cats, DoTs, CC, and GTAOE make manning the walls or the roof of keeps impossible to shoot from due to rupts and dammage while I'm on my ranger. Maybe you're going up against "super rangers" with MoC hax, or maybe you're just complaining about losing to the gojillion other hibs defending the same keep, and just blaming it on archers out of convenience and spite. Regardless, your opinion does not reflect the reality of RvR, and the realm map reflects that almost daily with the loss of 4 or more keeps to both albs and mids.

The fact you solely attack rangers for assisting demonstrates your unrational bias against them, as EVERY class in the game assists, and EVERY class in the game melts the targets they do. Yet you make no mention of caster or melee assist trains, both of which I also participate in on my caster and melee chars.

Your opinion is unreasonable, due to your bias, and will therefore be ignored.

mattymc wrote:

They're doing the same thing everyone else does, except instead of using speed and crowd control to survive, they use stealth, and yet that's somehow wrong or unfair? No. the answer is no, it isn't.

Stealthers should be glass cannons, not 15 minute vanish and 5 minute purge get out of any bad situation characters. 30 minute vanish and 15 minute purge is what they should get and nothing better. Btw I am primarily a solo player but solo on P is garbage sadly. Not only because everyone likes gang banging solo players but also because of bad balance choices.

Azrael wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:08 PM
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 2:00 AM
Stealth populations have exactly zero effect on any of the BG/zerg RvR we do as a guild with the hib zerg. There aren't legions of scouts and hunters destroying us at towers or keeps, or in the open field. Sorcs, cabbies and thurgs? Sure, but not stealthers.

lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. Even if I play hib lastly it really seems more than just annoying. You should play small on another realm than hib then you see how annoying these ranger gatherings are.
Beside that, I would vote +1 on /delete stealth in general

absolutely but somebody already said it. sadly its far too baked into the game. imo that doesnt change the fact that i have never seen any invisibility in a game that didnt cause a huge (and the primary) balance issue.