Re: whats the stealther population you aiming for?

I don't think they really aim for high or low stealth population. Either way, the reason for the high stealth pop doesn't have to do with them. The reason for it is there's like no other reasonable way to solo on this server, unless you're a masochist. Even on my hunter I still get rolled over by larger groups about 25-50% of the time I engage on anyone. My options are pretty much either go to places where there are no enemies, kill xpers, or try to take down a target before I get added. It's even worse as a solo visi, even with speed 6.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

They should have disabled stealth and given the stealth classes a compensatory skill at server creation (Earth Wizards are proof that they had no problem changing things in drastic ways), stealth has never been anything but a detriment to this game, but it's far too late to do anything about it now.
Grymne*
https://discord.gg/AhR6pU4
<Ignorance> | <I Ignorance I> | <II Ignorance II>

It's sad that a Realm game is 30% stealthers -- it demonstrates how far <and rather clumsily> the game has gone to cater to a minority of players and allow the rest to suffer. Why stealthers or any solo player feels they deserve some special treatment is beyond me <and before you whine, I solo all the time on Visi's --- if I get run over (which I often do) Oh well>.

If the GM's would focus on what the game is designed to be and Balance it that way, we would all be much better off rather than the current slide towards live with which we now suffer.

Drughen wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:37 PM
steallther population the last few weeks its is about 25%-30% of the total population

That statistic is either incorrect, or insignificant, as it does not reflect the reality of the fighting that takes place between any of the vis chars I run in the frontier.

Even our small man guild PuG groups of 3 to 4 are rarely challenged by stealth groups outside of known locations, like docks or flags, and when they do, our speed / heals / cc advantage generally make them free realm points. We get wiped by other small man / 8's all the time, but rarely, if ever, by stealth. When running in a full group, stealthers become even less of an issue.

Stealth populations have exactly zero effect on any of the BG/zerg RvR we do as a guild with the hib zerg. There aren't legions of scouts and hunters destroying us at towers or keeps, or in the open field. Sorcs, cabbies and thurgs? Sure, but not stealthers.

Stealth chars are a a nuisance, at best, to solo/duo players and xp'ers, but to the overwhelming majority of players grouping for RvR on this server, they're pretty much a non-issue.

If it was not for stealth I would play much less often. Why? For my work/life/gaming situation I need to go afk often. A stealth class alliws me to login..try to play a bit solo..go afk as needed. Now you may say that is not the ideal way to play but would you prefer people just not play at all? Maybe many are in my same situation? Population with stealthers is better than a 30% lower population.right?

Horus wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:25 AM
If it was not for stealth I would play much less often. Why? For my work/life/gaming situation I need to go afk often. A stealth class alliws me to login..try to play a bit solo..go afk as needed. Now you may say that is not the ideal way to play but would you prefer people just not play at all? Maybe many are in my same situation? Population with stealthers is better than a 30% lower population.right?

If stealthers were removed you wouldn't see a 30% population drop, sure, you'd see quite a few of them leave as stealthers is all they care about in daoc but many more would at least at first try to solo / small man on a visible and if enough do it to make it worthwhile it could sustain for quite a while, however, the lack of speedwarp makes playing without speed 5 as visible rather frustrating.
Basically in the short term you would have the healthy effect of more visible solos / small man but in the long term you'd just see a rather huge gain in skald / minst population if stealthers were removed.

mattymc wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 2:07 AM
It's sad that a Realm game is 30% stealthers -- it demonstrates how far <and rather clumsily> the game has gone to cater to a minority of players and allow the rest to suffer. Why stealthers or any solo player feels they deserve some special treatment is beyond me <and before you whine, I solo all the time on Visi's --- if I get run over (which I often do) Oh well>.

If the GM's would focus on what the game is designed to be and Balance it that way, we would all be much better off rather than the current slide towards live with which we now suffer.

It's 20% max, 30% is false. Every time I check it's between 15 and 20%.
And most of the archers are playing in BG.
What are you suffering? Why are they cattering to stealthers? What is your solo toon, I am reaaaaaaaally curious about that. I am sure you are part of the coast guarding a-hole that jumps on every 1vsX they find if you do.
(I always laugh when people say they solo, but when you check their stats, they avec 200 solo kills at the 9/10L LOL)

Funny, we have a lot of solo visi in the solo discord, and their main problem is the 8 mans / small man zergs, not the stealthers!

I see you complaining without evidence or aguments on every post, it gets old man.

Stealthers have been OP on this server since day 1. Vanish is op for one thing and stealthers should never have been given purge beyond purge 3.
5 minute purge and det is too forgiving on top of having vanish. Lastly assassins are able to restealth too quickly, it should be bumped to like 12-15 seconds after an attack or getting hit.

IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 2:00 AM
Stealth populations have exactly zero effect on any of the BG/zerg RvR we do as a guild with the hib zerg. There aren't legions of scouts and hunters destroying us at towers or keeps, or in the open field. Sorcs, cabbies and thurgs? Sure, but not stealthers.

lol, tell that polemo when this ranger grp with bard and druid are deffing a keep. Even if I play hib lastly it really seems more than just annoying. You should play small on another realm than hib then you see how annoying these ranger gatherings are.
Beside that, I would vote +1 on /delete stealth in general