Re: Purge must give a immunity timer for the purged things

gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 4:36 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 12:09 PM
A purge if you can't reapply debuff ws/c, you can sit with an assassin. So no immunity. Thanks God the staff will not listen to this or the horrible idea to have a switch penality.
Just a sneak not wanting to lose one of many massive advantage over nearly every class

And I'm just a reaver that still wants interesting fights vs sneaks and is also glad the staff is not going for your BS.
Tamylino // Tamy // Yarna // Tamynor // Tamyina

Cadebrennus wrote: You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors. You basically just proved the point that everyone else is arguing for and you were arguing against.

Yeah, no. I see that as being fairly good balance...and the defining factor as being a skillcap thing.

If both players are equally skilled at their classes, then yeah the visi will win. Funnily enough that is exactly what balance is.

If you want to just absolutely roll over a highly skilled asassin with a visi class by pressing 2 buttons or something like that, then I dunno, roll a necro.

Can guarantee that all but the very best assassins probably dont even attack most players on that list 1v1 any more. So yeah. Flaxor a RR5 BM for example has rr10 assassin’s scared to attack him...

Oh and he doesnt just slam people and hope their purge is down 😝
Tani - NS- RR11 - 62% Solokills
Bellelle- RR8 Infil- 75% Solokills
Tanii- RR4 Shadowblade- Forged in the Proving Grounds. Work in progress

WELCOME BACK - 2 Day's of Infil fights - NEW NOV 2020

AGAINST ALL ODDS - Nightshade/Infil Montage

BLADE - Tani - Nightshade/Infil Montage

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Videos

Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 1:51 AM
I want rock paper scissors instead of a skill based game..

/End Thread.

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 1:34 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

/End Thread.

If you're going to quote someone then be brave enough to quote the actual quote. Rewriting a quote is libel and just makes you look like a coward IRL
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 3:05 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

/End Thread.

If you're going to quote someone then be brave enough to quote the actual quote. Rewriting a quote is libel and just makes you look like a coward IRL

Nice gaslight. Comprehensive answer in the post above that which you handily ignored “which just makes you look like a coward“. All I did was create a clear summary of your last message a bit more succinctly for what you are REALLY asking for. You dont want skill based winners, you want rock paper scissors. We’re therefore arguing for different things. So nah, not ‘libel’ 😂 Not sure you can really disagree with it either. So. End.

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 8:16 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 3:05 AM
Taniquetil wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

/End Thread.

Nice gaslight. Comprehensive answer in the post above that which you handily ignored “which just makes you look like a coward“. All I did was create a clear summary of your last message a bit more succinctly for what you are REALLY asking for. You dont want skill based winners, you want rock paper scissors. We’re therefore arguing for different things. So nah, not ‘libel’ 😂 Not sure you can really disagree with it either. So. End.

All players equal, rock paper scissors. One player is better than another? That player should beat the odds and win. I hope that is simple enough for you.

Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 9:14 AM
All players equal, rock paper scissors. One player is better than another? That player should beat the odds and win. I hope that is simple enough for you.

If only someone had given a list of players of equal skill who play a wide variety of visible toons that are capable of beating assassin’s (even ones far above their RR)

Would be even better if one of those...maybe a Reaver called Yarna (just theorising) had replied and explained that from their POV that the balance of power was also fine.

OH WAIT ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED.

What you said after I listed those skilled players is

Cadebrennus wrote: You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors.

The rock to the assassin’s scissors is called being good at your class, a very wide variety of classes to choose from as demonstrated. No one elses problem but yours if you cant figure out how to beat an assassin with your class as shown by a varied list of people who absolutely dunk on assassins other than maybe the top 3-5 assassin’s on the server, with whom it’s an absolute nailbiter.

The fact that at that level the game is a neck and neck nailbiter IS FUN FOR BOTH PLAYERS AND IS KNOWN AS BALANCE!!!

But hey, stick to paper daoc, and stick to being the paper to everyones scissors. 🤷‍♂️

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 9:59 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 9:14 AM

If only someone had given a list of players of equal skill who play a wide variety of visible toons that are capable of beating assassin’s (even ones far above their RR)

Would be even better if one of those...maybe a Reaver called Yarna (just theorising) had replied and explained that from their POV that the balance of power was also fine.

OH WAIT ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED.

What you said after I listed those skilled players is

Cadebrennus wrote: You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors.

The rock to the assassin’s scissors is called being good at your class, a very wide variety of classes to choose from as demonstrated. No one elses problem but yours if you cant figure out how to beat an assassin with your class as shown by a varied list of people who absolutely dunk on assassins other than maybe the top 3-5 assassin’s on the server, with whom it’s an absolute nailbiter.

The fact that at that level the game is a neck and neck nailbiter IS FUN FOR BOTH PLAYERS AND IS KNOWN AS BALANCE!!!

But hey, stick to paper daoc, and stick to being the paper to everyones scissors. 🤷‍♂️

I think it's adorable when you try to be clever. You deserve a foil star sticker for your folder. You really do.

The rock to Assassins' scissors are called Tanks, and they were originally designed that way from the beginning. The reason that Assassins can 1v1 Tanks with impunity is that Assassin players are literally the whiniest players in game, full stop. Assassins whined until they got what they wanted. Marc Jacobs himself designed DAOC and later CU with the rock paper scissors concept as the core element of the game.

"The reasons behind this decision is “[Rock-paper-scissors] lends an element of unpredictability and it gives us so much more freedom to explore different classes/abilities without worrying about having everything equally balanced 100% all the time” Jacobs says"
https://mmopage.com/news/camelot-unchained-rock-paper-scissor-class-balance

People like you don't care about balance, all you care about is that the class you play has an insta-gib button at the expense of the experience of other players.

Cadebrennus wrote: The rock to Assassins' scissors are called Tanks, and they were originally designed that way from the beginning. The reason that Assassins can 1v1 Tanks with impunity is that Assassin players are literally the whiniest players in game, full stop.
I gave you a list of players who are able to beat assassins because they're good at their class. So yeah, this already exists. Regarding attacking tanks with impunity..... LOL see below a POV from a good tank player. What you are saying is far from true, see below, and see Yarna's reply. Yarna is capable of taking on assassins 2v1, i watched it happen yesterday .

Cadebrennus wrote: People like you don't care about balance, all you care about is that the class you play has an insta-gib button at the expense of the experience of other players.
Honestly, you're the one asking for imbalance here, and the removal of a skillgap. You want to press 2 buttons and auto win against an assasin. Let's leave balance as it is and continue to enjoy a good game. If the GM's would give you a RR11 assassin and me access to a list of RR5-8 ish characters from that list above, your choice, I'd rip you to pieces on all of them. Unfortunately this will not happen, and alas I'm not mad enough to play a solo visi class on this server where 3/4/5/6/7/8mans steamroll every soloer they see.

Oh look heres a convo between a RR5 BM and RR8 infil who enjoyed their two very fun fights and both respected each other and enjoyed the game. No cries of ‘OP’, no complaints, just gamers being nice, just two players of equal skill enjoying game balance. The first fight, I got obliterated, because I foolishly assumed he wouldn't play the way he did.

As you can see at RR5 he's capable of dunking on every assassin going except me and 2 others does that mean he loses to us 3 every time... no, it means a RR5 BM already goes toe to toe with RR11 assassins whom give good fights, does he look upset about that? No, in fact he's greatful that we still attack him...., honestly unless I get everything right, he'll still win, he recognised it too, and when I did beat him, he congratulated me for doing it, as he knew I was overcoming immense odds in doing so, even with him at RR5.

Him at RR11 honestly, lord help us, maybe i'd compete on my nightshade using casting cheese, but on my infil, even when im RR11/12 im probably screwed. That's Flaxor Btw. RR5 BM. He is just one example of a rock to my scissors already exists. Same convo can be had with all those other skillful players. Bad assassins dont attack him because they are scared shitless, that's what you want? Thankfullly it's attainable already and you dont need the dev's to rebalance the game to give you an 'I win' button to get there.

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 8:23 AM
When class strength is discussed it is important to look at the people playing their class well, not at the bottomfeeders...a noob is ALWAYS a viable target, no matter what class they play
^ This.

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Big deal. I have had a 50% win ratio vs rr9 and rr10+ (and even rr11) Assassins on my rr4 Merc ever since he was rr2. Does that make me a PvP god? I don't think so. Assassins should "dunk" on Casters (the paper to their scissors) and Tanks should have an easier time killing Assassins. That's where the balance actually is, because Casters should be able to destroy Tanks when they get the jump on them, and believe me they do.