Re: Purge must give a immunity timer for the purged things

This is exactly the issue with reapplying. If my purge is up, i have a chance, until the assassin vanishes when he realizes he may not win. If my purge is down (or useless due to reapplying poisons as soon as I purge), I have nearly zero chance of winning. The weapons skill debuff was a terrible idea in itself, but to negate purge all together by being able to reapply is out of balance.

Assassin fights go this way. We engage, I get diseased, poisoned, debuffed, snared....I purge and IP/pot/legion, I immediately get rediseased, repoisoned, redebuffed, resnared....I get to 20% health and the assassin just runs away, because his Viper is going to kill me. Between weapon swap and no poison immunity, this creates imbalance.

Noashakra wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 12:09 PM
A purge if you can't reapply debuff ws/c, you can sit with an assassin. So no immunity. Thanks God the staff will not listen to this or the horrible idea to have a switch penality.

Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:10 PM
This is exactly the issue with reapplying. If my purge is up, i have a chance, until the assassin vanishes when he realizes he may not win. If my purge is down (or useless due to reapplying poisons as soon as I purge), I have nearly zero chance of winning. The weapons skill debuff was a terrible idea in itself, but to negate purge all together by being able to reapply is out of balance.

Assassin fights go this way. We engage, I get diseased, poisoned, debuffed, snared....I purge and IP/pot/legion, I immediately get rediseased, repoisoned, redebuffed, resnared....I get to 20% health and the assassin just runs away, because his Viper is going to kill me. Between weapon swap and no poison immunity, this creates imbalance.

May i ask what class you play? Most visible classes have Str-based weaponskill and the change from str-debuff to weaponskill-debuff is neglible.
Repoisoning is also a classs mechanic from the get go, not a new idea

Sepplord wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:14 PM
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:10 PM

May i ask what class you play? Most visible classes have Str-based weaponskill and the change from str-debuff to weaponskill-debuff is neglible.
Repoisoning is also a classs mechanic from the get go, not a new idea

Maybe Assassins should be required to think about what debuffs and damage (dots) to use immediately, and which to save for later in a fight, as all other classes are required to do vs. Purge. As it stands now, Assassins can blow their whole load before and AFTER Purge, in stark contrast to every other single class in game. As much as I hate ST resetting stun immunity after getting Slammed by a Thane, they still have to blow a timered RA to pull it off.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

1. If you think its easy, come do it and prove it.

2. Many classes can instantly reapply after purge. Recast a dot, recast insta pbae disease from shaman, recast any debuffs on all caster classes and Champs.

3. Well played visi classes are all capable of absolutely handing it to an assassin 1v1. Honestly u gotta look in the mirror a bit, because funnily enough there are players out there who rock their toons and a lot of assassins are afraid to even attack.

Ask most decent sins. U gotta have your stuff together to fight:
- Shalelu (hero) (applies for warriors too tbh)
- Gotmag (vw)
- Yarna (Reaver)
Any good sorc or caba is a mare
- Obvs Necros - OP
- well played skald/thane
- Arnbjoorn (despite his weirdness) actually hits like an absolute truck. Berserker
- Flaxor - BM
- Bombzz SM
- BDs...because BD OP
- Jackle - Merc
- Smart Eld/Ench. One ench, forget the name was hella trolling the solozone a while (this is pretty tough to pull off and you’ll die a lot, but yeah)

Thats an extensive list of classes that are very capable of going toe to toe, and players who make u think twice about it.

Christ one guy even made a vid of him winning fights on a HEALER for a while...

So no. Its not the classes, its not that it’s unfair. Unfortunately, its how you’re playing your class.

Oh and lastly, would you purge a champs debuffs? No, you purge their stun. If you’re just purging poisons...you’ve got bigger issues
Tani - NS- RR11 - 62% Solokills
Bellelle- RR8 Infil- 75% Solokills
Tanii- RR4 Shadowblade- Forged in the Proving Grounds. Work in progress

WELCOME BACK - 2 Day's of Infil fights - NEW NOV 2020

AGAINST ALL ODDS - Nightshade/Infil Montage

BLADE - Tani - Nightshade/Infil Montage

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Videos

Taniquetil wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 1:10 AM
1. If you think its easy, come do it and prove it.

2. Many classes can instantly reapply after purge. Recast a dot, recast insta pbae disease from shaman, recast any debuffs on all caster classes and Champs.

3. Well played visi classes are all capable of absolutely handing it to an assassin 1v1. Honestly u gotta look in the mirror a bit, because funnily enough there are players out there who rock their toons and a lot of assassins are afraid to even attack.

Ask most decent sins. U gotta have your stuff together to fight:
- Shalelu (hero) (applies for warriors too tbh)
- Gotmag (vw)
- Yarna (Reaver)
Any good sorc or caba is a mare
- Obvs Necros - OP
- well played skald/thane
- Arnbjoorn (despite his weirdness) actually hits like an absolute truck. Berserker
- Flaxor - BM
- Bombzz SM
- BDs...because BD OP
- Jackle - Merc
- Smart Eld/Ench. One ench, forget the name was hella trolling the solozone a while (this is pretty tough to pull off and you’ll die a lot, but yeah)

Thats an extensive list of classes that are very capable of going toe to toe, and players who make u think twice about it.

Christ one guy even made a vid of him winning fights on a HEALER for a while...

So no. Its not the classes, its not that it’s unfair. Unfortunately, its how you’re playing your class.

Oh and lastly, would you purge a champs debuffs? No, you purge their stun. If you’re just purging poisons...you’ve got bigger issues

You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors. You basically just proved the point that everyone else is arguing for and you were arguing against.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 20 Nov 2020 1:51 AM
You just listed all of those classes as viable targets EXCEPT when they're in the hands of very capable players. In other words, there's no rock to the Assassins' scissors. You basically just proved the point that everyone else is arguing for and you were arguing against.

Uhh...no, he mentioned that a good player on such a class will make a good assassin afraid (or at least think twice) of even attacking...

When class strength is discussed it is important to look at the people playing their class well, not at the bottomfeeders...a noob is ALWAYS a viable target, no matter what class they play