Re: Purge must give a immunity timer for the purged things

gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:25 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:55 AM
Germanknight wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:51 AM
for exampel.

if you get mezzed or poisened or whatever and you use purge, i want to get an immunity timer for purged things for 30 seconds or more or less time ?
I think it will be a good deal ?

Poisons are not instant, and the asn have a bad melee table, low hp table, and their CON doesn't increase and STR is like the 2nd attribute. If you purge the poisons and there is an immunity, they can sit down, because they have no chance. It's the same for a DoT class, immunity to their dot after a cure/purge makes them useless.

Don't forget that poisons have to be applied, so you need to avoid the defenses (block/parry/evade) for that, and you need one connected hit per poison... So in an ideal world, you need 6s to reapply dot, debuff f/c and disease. In real life, you need sometimes 15+ seconds.
assassins would still be fine if immunity was given
They’d be fine if they couldn’t rotate their weapons.

No, they absolutely wouldn't be fine. They would get destroyed. Yes, the assassin is in a good spot on this server and able to kill (almost) every other class. But that's only true for the ones that invested countless hours into temping, optimizing their gameplay, their weapon rotation, their knowledge of their opponents etc. I played assassins on this server as well as solo tanks and a little bit of solo caster. You always get more than fair chances vs. assassins when you got your shit together. On the other hand a bad assassin basically gets annihilated by so many other (decent) played classes.

For example a resisted disease envenom vs. my reaver will result in many cases into a loss for the assassin if he doesn't reapply it within 10secs into the fight. What I would partially agree is the fact that the /switch macro made it a little bit easier for assassin to (re-)apply poisons and I'm not a fan of that although I can understand the intentions by the devs and the benefits (also for other classes).
Tamylino // Tamy // Yarna

Tamy wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:52 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

if you get mezzed or poisened or whatever and you use purge, i want to get an immunity timer for purged things for 30 seconds or more or less time ?

Poisons are not instant, and the asn have a bad melee table, low hp table, and their CON doesn't increase and STR is like the 2nd attribute. If you purge the poisons and there is an immunity, they can sit down, because they have no chance. It's the same for a DoT class, immunity to their dot after a cure/purge makes them useless.

Don't forget that poisons have to be applied, so you need to avoid the defenses (block/parry/evade) for that, and you need one connected hit per poison... So in an ideal world, you need 6s to reapply dot, debuff f/c and disease. In real life, you need sometimes 15+ seconds.

No, they absolutely wouldn't be fine. They would get destroyed. Yes, the assassin is in a good spot on this server and able to kill (almost) every other class. But that's only true for the ones that invested countless hours into temping, optimizing their gameplay, their weapon rotation, their knowledge of their opponents etc. I played assassins on this server as well as solo tanks and a little bit of solo caster. You always get more than fair chances vs. assassins when you got your shit together. On the other hand a bad assassin basically gets annihilated by so many other (decent) played classes.

For example a resisted disease envenom vs. my reaver will result in many cases into a loss for the assassin if he doesn't reapply it within 10secs into the fight. What I would partially agree is the fact that the /switch macro made it a little bit easier for assassin to (re-)apply poisons and I'm not a fan of that although I can understand the intentions by the devs and the benefits (also for other classes).

Funny that all the person who complain about assassins are not people playing solo...
People who complain about assassins are either terrible at playing or don't play solo at all.

Tamy wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:52 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
Germanknight wrote:
for exampel.

[...]

This. It's actually pretty hard here for an assassin to kill a solo specced/geared visible with a decent rr. And even I can smash some in melee.

Tashkent wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:29 PM
This. It's actually pretty hard here for an assassin to kill a solo specced/geared visible with a decent rr. And even I can smash some in melee.

You need a bit of MoBlock and MoParry, and hit with the 2H and switch to your shield between hits. But it's easier to complain on forums about how OP assassins are when you play badly and your toon has deter 9.

Noashakra wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:27 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

You obviously don't play assassin, so you don't know that if the target purge your poisons and you don't reaply, it's a death sentence. You can sit down. There are some noobs that don't do that, and they are free RP. If there was an immunity, all the target would purge at the start of the fight when the WS/constit and dot are applied, and you would go back to the bind.
Also they have, like all the spells, 10%+ chances to resist depending on their level.

Thanks god you are not in charge of balance in this game ;p

Yes..or you don't play one well... because decent infiltrators can attack a target in reinforced armor in front of red keep guards, and still kill and vanish with 6 red guards, keep archers on them, even if target has purge, legion, pot and IP..all because purge is meaningless when you are dealing with a pack full of weapons and easy poison weapon swap. Maybe you should hang out in front of DC and watch and learn. OP is 100% correct. Purge should give you immunity to all ill effects for at least 20 if not 30 secs.

Horus wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:54 AM
Noashakra wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

You obviously don't play assassin, so you don't know that if the target purge your poisons and you don't reaply, it's a death sentence. You can sit down. There are some noobs that don't do that, and they are free RP. If there was an immunity, all the target would purge at the start of the fight when the WS/constit and dot are applied, and you would go back to the bind.
Also they have, like all the spells, 10%+ chances to resist depending on their level.

Yes..or you don't play one well... because decent infiltrators can attack a target in reinforced armor in front of red keep guards, and still kill and vanish with 6 red guards, keep archers on them, even if target has purge, legion, pot and IP..all because purge is meaningless when you are dealing with a pack full of weapons and easy poison weapon swap. Maybe you should hang out in front of DC and watch and learn. OP is 100% correct. Purge should give you immunity to all ill effects for at least 20 if not 30 secs.

Hahahaha and you don't kill the guy and you wasted vanish in real ife and not in paper daoc. Why people keep speaking about things they don't know?

I can kill another sin if purge not up during the CD stun, but I need 7s. They ave 10% abs and 2000hp. The red guards will kill you during this time, they hit at 250+ and I have 1950hp. So a target wit renforced armor? No way especially if they are not sitting afk and use their potion or IP!

Why people keep speaking about things they don't know? Or even worst they lie through their teeth.

I don't play well. Sure dude. I am not the best NS around, but but ask around if I am garbage
Watch and learn about my class, which is 9L5 and every week in the top 30 solo kills... And who is your sin dude? Give me the name of your toon! Because you talk out of your ass.

Horus wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:54 AM
Noashakra wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Lol don't know about that. I run around solo on my BM and don't worry about an assassins with my purge and IP up. I'd love it if one tried that in front of the guards and I'm not afk lmao. Try again.

I 100% agree with OP here. If purging debufs / poisons means a loss for the attacking Assassin, then that's fine purge is a RA and SHOULD give you an advantage. Having a 10-15 point RA totally negated by a free macro is just wrong. Either add in immunity for ALL purged effect or, make /switch a RA or get rid of it .
Mid Hawkaye Healer Lorg RR7 Zerker Jofre SB
Hib Muadii Eld Wicade NS Beral Druid
Alb Elac Friar Waecan Cleric

Hawkaye wrote:
Wed 18 Nov 2020 8:36 PM
I 100% agree with OP here. If purging debufs / poisons means a loss for the attacking Assassin, then that's fine purge is a RA and SHOULD give you an advantage. Having a 10-15 point RA totally negated by a free macro is just wrong. Either add in immunity for ALL purged effect or, make /switch a RA or get rid of it .
Penalty time for switching