Isn't a relic reset in order?

Started 28 Sep 2020
by Horus
in Ask the Team
I see the 1st keep change limiting rams went in...and I am guessing more to come. I am not opposed to the changes but isn't a relic reset in order? Obviously makes it harder to take a keep.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:13 PM by Expfighter
Horus wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 2:29 PM
I see the 1st keep change limiting rams went in...and I am guessing more to come. I am not opposed to the changes but isn't a relic reset in order? Obviously makes it harder to take a keep.
actually it is, you are correct!
But albs don't care about rams on doors they just spam a thousand earth pets that hit for more than ram damage a viola alb wins AGAIN!

also time to make doors untargettable by theurg pets. Theurgs have other spells
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:20 PM by Bombling
Albs have their pets, midgaard have their hammers. Hib should probably be worse off with the ram limmitation to doors, unless im missing a keypoints. And to me that seem alright when they do tend to have the stronger classes for keep defence, arguebly.

As for resetting the relics, im not against or for it, things will unfold naturally depending on if Hib or Alb bg leaders have the momentum. Midgaard is unfortuneatly just not "in that game" atm to match those consistent BG performances.

#Edit to not derail, I obv meant that Midgaard have acces to 2handed weapons without specing into it, and combined with Celerity that makes a "Viking door" rush strat on low quality doors. But sure i could had used my words better.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:42 PM by daytonchambers
Bombling wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:20 PM
Albs have their pets, midgaard have their hammers. Hib should probably be worse off with the ram limmitation to doors, unless im missing a keypoints. And to me that seem alright when they do tend to have the stronger classes for keep defence, arguebly.

As for resetting the relics, im not against or for it, things will unfold naturally depending on if Hib or Alb bg leaders have the momentum. Midgaard is unfortuneatly just not "in that game" atm to match those consistent BG performances.

What hammers do Midgard people have that gives them an advantage when it comes to breaking down doors? AFAIK every realm has equal access to melee weapons including 2 handers so if that is what you meant then Mid is no better off than anyone else.

If you are referring to Thane hammer spells... LoL
Tue 29 Sep 2020 4:10 AM by Slithic
I am not opposed to the ram changes, but when you make a MAJOR change to the mechanics of the game, a relic reset is in order.

You actually do not know the effects of this change, so a even playing field is in order.

Thanks.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:45 PM by CowwoC
daytonchambers wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:42 PM
Bombling wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:20 PM

What hammers do Midgard people have that gives them an advantage when it comes to breaking down doors? AFAIK every realm has equal access to melee weapons including 2 handers so if that is what you meant then Mid is no better off than anyone else.

If you are referring to Thane hammer spells... LoL

He obviously meant that midgard is the melee realm - for obvious reasons. Therefore probably more damage on gates from mids, compared to albs using strong pets or hibs using their luri fists.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:17 PM by Toss
As usual, they favor Albs even if they say they dont. That a Relic reset havent happened to me is totally out of this world. How can you change keeps to make them so much stronger without resetting Relics?

And of course Hibs will Suffer most as Mids are more melee oriented and Albs have Theurg spam. We can just Make shrooms that are lost in this world and dont know what to attack. LOL!
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:52 PM by Uthred
We dont favor any realm. Period.

To be honest, we didnt even look at the relics, when we put this change in. Why?

Simple answer: Because we will do multiple changes during the next few days and it is actually a good thing that not all relics are in their homelands, as we can see now how easy or difficult it is to raid a regular keep which holds a relic.

After all tests and changes are done, we may reset the relics. That has not been decided yet. It is depending on what we are still planning to put in and it is also depending on your feedback and our monitoring.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:48 PM by Toss
Chances of underdogs taking Relics is equal to Zero.
If you wanted a REAL test you would give Mid or Hib all 6 Relics and let the others try take it.
Albs are Always 100% at least 30% bigger than the Hib zerg. And the Mid zerg is usually non existant. So chances that Relics gonna switch owner is pretty Low
Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:00 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Toss wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:48 PM
Albs are Always 100% at least 30% bigger than the Hib zerg. And the Mid zerg is usually non existant. So chances that Relics gonna switch owner is pretty Low

What are you smoking? Hib held all six relics for over a month! Oh no, Alb has them now, let's all forget that Hibernia absolutely dominated the entire server for the last five months.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:30 AM by Sepplord
Toss wrote:
If you wanted a REAL test you would give Mid or Hib all 6 Relics and let the others try take it.

yeah right...like THAT wouldn't create a shitstorm

Look at what some people are saying after they did nothing to relics at all, imagine what would happen if they took the relics and gave them all to one realm... LOL
Thu 1 Oct 2020 1:07 PM by dbeattie71
Toss wrote:

Always? 2-3 months ago it was hibs.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:14 AM by mattymc
Uthred wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:52 PM
We dont favor any realm. Period.

To be honest, we didnt even look at the relics, when we put this change in. Why?

Simple answer: Because we will do multiple changes during the next few days and it is actually a good thing that not all relics are in their homelands, as we can see now how easy or difficult it is to raid a regular keep which holds a relic.

After all tests and changes are done, we may reset the relics. That has not been decided yet. It is depending on what we are still planning to put in and it is also depending on your feedback and our monitoring.

I don't think there can be any doubt it will be, at a minimum, LONGER to take a keep regardless of a relic or not --- which just magnifies issues of low population -- so no useful data from that perspective unless future 'changes' somehow account for that....
Fri 2 Oct 2020 8:19 AM by swap89
After a few days of testing these changes I can confirm my initial opinion. Moving the relics is now impossible.
it is impossible to attempt a quick attack because with two rams it is too slow.
Two realms can work together and put pressure on albion in this case, but this slowness allows you to defend on multiple fronts sooner or later.
As you have all noticed albion dominates the server now with a large population.
Hibernia has dominated before, but for different reasons.
Because the bg leader albion was on vacation, otherwise the situation was always fairly balanced.
The situation now in terms of numbers is normal as alb has 4 relics. It is a circle and would probably change in the future.
But this with the keep system before these changes.
For the reasons I mentioned earlier, a quick raid or two-realm collaboration.
But now it is impossible to move relics with this keep siege system.
A change to the keep system was needed to get people to defend and join battles in keeps.
But there is a need for a reset to all start from the same initial situation.

this is my opinion
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:41 AM by Runental
From my experience this week:
The ram cap isnt a bad thing at all,- but only when numbers in each realm are mostly equal,- or atleast not heavy over/underpopulated.
You cant take a keep real fast, but on the opposite, as a defender you have abit more time to react.
Idc as much about relics as Smap does,- they dont really have a big impact on Zergfights,- but on Numbers as we can see.
Now when it comes to a heavy outnumbering realm the Underdog(s) have a real problem with this cap.
Even if you hunt your opponent over half the map, and he has to run completely from north to south, you don't have enough time to even get into the keep,- not to mention when its defended allrdy.
The only chance for an underpopulated realm was to stuck the enemy somewhere in the map, or be really fast and organized to get things done.
A 140 enemy zerg will take mostly any keep anyway,- they dont even need a ram cap and they dont even need to cut ports´as we could see yesterday on Glen.
A 70 people Zerg wont do anything vs 140 in keep sieges,- this isnt only a ram cap issue i know,- its realm mentality problems, but thats another topic.
But this cap dosnt help at all at the moment. A cap of 2 per tower and 3 per keep and a relic reset would be my suggestion aswell.

Greetings Runental
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:23 AM by Freedomcall
I'm not sure if this is technically possible, but I want to suggest removing ram cap ONLY on keeps that relic is stored.
For example, let hibs/mids use rams more than 2 at Renaris and Hurbury as for now.
So that ppl can attempt ninja-relic raid, or at least do relic raids easier.

Ninja relic raid has always been part of the game, and it is fun, too.
A keep that has relic in it is mostly lvl10 keep and is usually placed close to relic town thus defender-friendly already.
The purpose of capping ram number is to prevent taking undefended keep, right?
You don't need to worry about that on those keeps, cuz lots of the players not interested in keepraids will try to defend relic as well.

Trying to prevent PvDoor is a good one, but making relics stagnate in certain realm isn't a good thing at all imo.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 1:30 PM by mattymc
They have 'suggested' there are more changes to come before they can evaluate the 2 ram idea; though I think it is fairly obvious what the 2 ram rule means. Unless there are significant other changes, all they have done is 'rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic.'
Sat 3 Oct 2020 1:30 PM by Gildar
Runental wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:41 AM
A 70 people Zerg wont do anything vs 140 in keep sieges,- this isnt only a ram cap issue i know,- its realm mentality problems, but thats another topic.
But this cap dosnt help at all at the moment. A cap of 2 per tower and 3 per keep and a relic reset would be my suggestion aswell.

Greetings Runental

Agree 100% on that !

As you can see in the past weeks many times mid and hib try siege Hurb and Renaris ...

NO WAY to get in .... 2 rams are too slow.

Also cut ports is difficult now lol ...
Mon 5 Oct 2020 6:51 PM by Slithic
Is something going to be done about this issue? Reset the relics. You have changed the rules of the game, not us.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 9:48 PM by Gildar
Slithic wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 6:51 PM
Is something going to be done about this issue? Reset the relics. You have changed the rules of the game, not us.

^^^
This up
Tue 6 Oct 2020 1:28 PM by Shamissa
Ninja has never been part of the game, in fact in daoc live they have guards inside those relics, so its not so easy for taking.
The 2 rams in the keep has been ridiculous with the same amount guards still impossible to take a relic unless a realm trying has over 150 in their bg or so. That’s my opinion.

Xoxo
Tue 6 Oct 2020 2:09 PM by Delsaer
Ninja has always been a part of the game. I helped plan the first? ninja relic raid on Nimue about 20 years ago where hibs sent about 20 nightshades over the wall to setup rams on the inner relic door while outside groups supported and dealt with guards. Albs barely knew what was happening before we were halfway home with a relic! 😀
Sat 10 Oct 2020 3:39 PM by mattymc
It seems that nothing new is coming so I don't see why they wouldn't reset the relics --- though it wont accomplish much in the long run. They need to decide on what the 'goals' of the game are supposed to be because they have done little <imo nothing or worse>to make/keep/improve upon this as a 3 realm RvR game.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 7:08 PM by Arcuss
So we can safely assume there won't be a reset now that Hib has their relics back? Or at least the whining will stop.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:03 PM by Gildar
No whining ....

Change siege mechanics without a relic reset is still a mistake ... dear arcuss not all players do a post only to have a reward or to have a nerf on others ... many are only interested in the game itself and to have fair mechanics for all ..
You can go back stick Polemo Now.

BB
Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:18 PM by Arcuss
Gildar wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:03 PM
No whining ....

Change siege mechanics without a relic reset is still a mistake ... dear arcuss not all players do a post only to have a reward or to have a nerf on others ... many are only interested in the game itself and to have fair mechanics for all ..

BB

Point proven that sure sounds like whining to me.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:19 PM by Kwall0311
Gildar wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:03 PM
No whining ....

BB

Yeah Gildar youve been an advocate about the relic reset for weeks now. Do you think they should still reset them? Why did your opinion change??
Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:33 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Shocking, Hibs took some relics and suddenly Gildar doesn't want a reset.

I'm shocked.

Totally and completely.

I mean it.
Mon 12 Oct 2020 11:33 AM by swap89
not resetting the relics was a mistake.
resetting them now would be another mistake.
Or you do it instant, or you can't do it now when relic move with this change running
If important things still change in the keep siege system, they must reset it..i say it now when we have 4 too
Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:52 PM by mattymc
swap89 wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 11:33 AM
not resetting the relics was a mistake.
resetting them now would be another mistake.
Or you do it instant, or you can't do it now when relic move with this change running
If important things still change in the keep siege system, they must reset it..i say it now when we have 4 too

They screwed up and waited too long; they DO need to make more changes but it seems that they will continue to do little to fix the system
Mon 12 Oct 2020 8:51 PM by Gildar
Arcuss, kwall0331, ExcetusMaximus ...

Or you are unable to read or you are all dumb LOL

I wrote that : Change siege mechanics without a relic reset is still a mistake !

I mean a mistake is a mistake ... also now that Hib have 4 relic a mistake still is a mistake.

And YES, for me the relics have to reset also now.

But you little men who can only insult and change your mind if you get an advantage, you can't understand this.
I am a man and I do not change my ideas ... they are not for sale like yours ... the relics had to be reset ... and I do not change my mind.

So much with small enemies like you we take them back when we want.

Ridicoulous
Tue 13 Oct 2020 3:42 PM by Arcuss
Gildar wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 8:51 PM

I wrote that : Change siege mechanics without a relic reset is still a mistake !

I mean a mistake is a mistake ... also now that Hib have 4 relic a mistake still is a mistake.

But you little men who can only insult and change your mind if you get an advantage, you can't understand this.
I am a man and I do not change my ideas ... they are not for sale like yours ... the relics had to be reset ... and I do not change my mind.

Ridicoulous

The only insults I see in this post are the ones you are hurling.

"Or you are unable to read or you are all dumb LOL"

That looks like an insult to me and as far as reading comprehension goes I think you might be slightly deficient. Making assumptions regarding someone’s character based on a difference of opinion is extremely short sighted.

You call yourself a man and you don’t change your ideas. There is a definition for that and it is called being narrow minded. Normal functioning men can have rational discussions and believe or not a difference of opinion. The minute someone questions you seem to go on the offensive and start calling people “dumb” or “little men”. That doesn’t sound rational or reasonable to me.

I could care less what you think about relic resets but you may want to reconsider how you respond to people rather than just lashing out you might want to consider thinking before you post.

One last thing and then I am done. If you are a man as you claim then act like one not a spoiled child.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:54 PM by Gildar
Arcuss wrote:
Tue 13 Oct 2020 3:42 PM
Gildar wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 8:51 PM

Ridicoulous

The only insults I see in this post are the ones you are hurling.

"Or you are unable to read or you are all dumb LOL"

That looks like an insult to me and as far as reading comprehension goes I think you might be slightly deficient. Making assumptions regarding someone’s character based on a difference of opinion is extremely short sighted.

You call yourself a man and you don’t change your ideas. There is a definition for that and it is called being narrow minded. Normal functioning men can have rational discussions and believe or not a difference of opinion. The minute someone questions you seem to go on the offensive and start calling people “dumb” or “little men”. That doesn’t sound rational or reasonable to me.

I could care less what you think about relic resets but you may want to reconsider how you respond to people rather than just lashing out you might want to consider thinking before you post.

One last thing and then I am done. If you are a man as you claim then act like one not a spoiled child.

ah so you first make fun and insults and then you pretend to have reasonable answers and write a long reply on rationality ...
buy coherence pls

and learn to read before responding by insulting.
anyway ... it took you 2 seconds to write that I change my mind and pass me off as a liar ... but I don't see any word about being wrong ... congratulations a real man who knows how to admit his mistakes.

And i am who "act like one not a spoiled child" ???
Wed 14 Oct 2020 1:05 AM by doctordot
How is Mid the melee realm?
No healing class with spec weapon.
No side snare healing class.
No side stun hybrid class.
No side stun stealth class.
No slam stun stealth class.
No evade 1 style stun class
No stealth dual damage type pierce blades
No damage add buff stealth class.
No side weapon procs.
Only 1 side snare for all Mid melee Hammer spec. Leaves no option to play axe or sword. Which means all mid have to be neutral on damage type.
Celerity on a class that has to heal mezz stun cure nearsight cure disease amnesia interrupt. Lol
Stealth two hand pierce that the styles all have a negative defense bonuses.

Etc.etc.etc.
Other
No castable dd stun
No instant stun
No pet charm class
No pet spam class
No instant amnesia
No bolt range mezz
No free stoicism for all group members (sorc 25%) buff
No heal proc for all group.
No hot that actually heals alot of health.
No acuity benefiting viable dot class. Delve to low
Only 1 TWF class
Etc.etc.etc
Wed 14 Oct 2020 3:14 AM by easytoremember
Gildar wrote:
Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:54 PM
ah so you first make fun and insults and then you pretend to have reasonable answers and write a long reply on rationality ...
buy coherence pls
You can have both, insults and reasonable answers, in the same post, in the same paragraph, even in the same sentence ya mong

The whining about relics being reset for a (possibly tempoary) change would be a lot worse than leaving them as they are. It works out because it in addition to status quo being the best choice when tinkering they were able to see relic attempts on regular keeps
Wed 14 Oct 2020 7:36 AM by swap89
doctordot wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 1:05 AM
No healing class with spec weapon.
No side snare healing class.
No side stun hybrid class.
No side stun stealth class.
No slam stun stealth class.
No evade 1 style stun class
No stealth dual damage type pierce blades
No damage add buff stealth class.
No side weapon procs.
Only 1 side snare for all Mid melee Hammer spec. Leaves no option to play axe or sword. Which means all mid have to be neutral on damage type.
Celerity on a class that has to heal mezz stun cure nearsight cure disease amnesia interrupt. Lol
Stealth two hand pierce that the styles all have a negative defense bonuses.

Etc.etc.etc.
Other
No castable dd stun
No instant stun
No pet charm class
No pet spam class
No instant amnesia
No bolt range mezz
No free stoicism for all group members (sorc 25%) buff
No heal proc for all group.
No hot that actually heals alot of health.
No acuity benefiting viable dot class. Delve to low
Only 1 TWF class
Etc.etc.etc

emh daoc have 20 years....in all server same class and race...but only in this server people play mids and cry everytime for the class...
bah....
Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:10 AM by Sepplord
swap89 wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 7:36 AM
emh daoc have 20 years....in all server same class and race...but only in this server people play mids and cry everytime for the class...
bah....

I agree that his list is very biased and doesn't list differences fairly....but there has never been a time where daoc was like it is on phoenix.

Bonedancer surely wasn't nerfed and nerfed and nerfed because of mids whining
There are whiners in all realms, and there are valid complaints from all realms too.

Generalisations like "Mids are always crying" don't help anyone
Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:28 AM by swap89
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:10 AM
swap89 wrote:
bah....

I agree that his list is very biased and doesn't list differences fairly....but there has never been a time where daoc was like it is on phoenix.

There are whiners in all realms, and there are valid complaints from all realms too.

agree with bd...should be powered a little bit more.
but in general the class are this from long time.
mid never had spec weapon on heal class.From 20 year.Only with valkirie be added.
Pacification healer always had this mechanic.
For example hib caster always had baseline stun 9 sec.And people here cry about it.
This is daoc,not a custom game where people want change the class because he sucks from it.
Wed 14 Oct 2020 10:47 AM by easytoremember
doctordot wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 1:05 AM
Mid is the melee realm because when you think mid, you think Norse/Troll

Troll was only possible to roll Warrior Skald Thane Berserker Shaman
Norseman was Warrior Skald Thane Berserker Shadowblade Hunter Healer Spiritmaster

Dwarf- Warrior Skald Thane Berserker Hunter Healer Runemaster
Kobold- Warrior Shadowblade Hunter Shaman Runemaster Spiritmaster

Back then the races were fairly isolated with Trolls in Gaplen, Kobolds at Ft Atla, Dwarves in Haggerfel, and Norse outside of Jord- seeing mystics was rare while 4 classes were viking

Mid is the melee realm

conversely on hib the lurikeen and elf magicians spawned around Ardee and Mag Mel, EVERYBODY was a fucking eldritch / enchanter with some mentalists sprinkled in

Hib is the magic realm
Wed 14 Oct 2020 10:59 AM by Sepplord
So it was always just a skewed perception issue and not based on relevant information.

So why do people keep mentioning it for balance reasons 20years later?
Wed 14 Oct 2020 4:17 PM by mattymc
swap89 wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:28 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:10 AM
swap89 wrote:
bah....

agree with bd...should be powered a little bit more.
but in general the class are this from long time.
mid never had spec weapon on heal class.From 20 year.Only with valkirie be added.
Pacification healer always had this mechanic.
For example hib caster always had baseline stun 9 sec.And people here cry about it.
This is daoc,not a custom game where people want change the class because he sucks from it.

Actually it's just named DAOC -- it hasn't been for quite a while. DAOC was a 3 realm, RvR based MMORPG --- I don't think anyone really thinks that is what we have either here or on live. All the problems can be summed up by simply realizing that whoever runs the game simply lost focus on what it was supposed to be and ran around trying to make small sectors of the game be happy. Amazingly, when the focus is clear -- all playstyles were viable -- some harder than others granted, but all were viable.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics