Ram FOV bug

Started 4 Aug 2020
by CowwoC
in Ask the Team
I guess it can't be fixed? What is the current state of using it - is it still bug abusing? If so, there are a lot of people who should be banned but how do you even report them if a) almost everyone uses it and b) you can't proof it at all? Yes, actually almost everybody uses this bug. Even BG leader call for it to use their GT because it's part of the strategy to point people to the defender siege. Sure it can be done by just climbing over the wall and set a GT and maybe the BG leader who is actually sitting in a ram is assisting someone else(doubt) but i think the FOV bug is kinda one of the main reasons why defending became a joke if the attacker have several people who really abuse it, either if it's in a tower or a keep - someone always has a perfect planted GT up to ruin the defenders day.

I mean did you know that it is possible to set a GT in the lord room(keep and tower) even without having LoS and with gates up? It is also possible to set a GT behind inner gates close to the stairs, don't ask me how - i have no clue - but it is possible because i get hit more than once a week. Regarding the GT in the lord room, no clue as well but since the ram fov bug allows you to zoom out into space and overview the whole area, there is no doubt it can be glitched through the roof somehow as well.

Combine this with the necro exploit to plant a GT without any risk and you are done for most likely.

PS: All realms use this bug, not just alb!
Wed 5 Aug 2020 10:49 PM by CowwoC
@GM
Thu 6 Aug 2020 8:11 AM by Uthred
Im not really sure, if i understand that correctly, but of course you are able to set a GT without having LOS and gates open. Thats why people are having macros for. You just have to make a macro for each keep or each keep type as some are similiar and thats it. Thats a thing that was done since forever and is no bug abusing at all.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 2:19 PM by CowwoC
Uthred wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 8:11 AM
Im not really sure, if i understand that correctly, but of course you are able to set a GT without having LOS and gates open. Thats why people are having macros for. You just have to make a macro for each keep or each keep type as some are similiar and thats it. Thats a thing that was done since forever and is no bug abusing at all.

Hey Uthred, i make it more easy to understand:
a) is it considered as bug abusing to use the ram fov bug?
a1) if its bug abusing how do you report it properly without being able to proof it?
b) is it for you as devs possible to fix this bug?
c) it is possible to plant a GT inside a keep/ tower somehow while the gates are still closed, i assume it is connected with the ram fov bug
c1) if this is not a bug explain please how i set a GT at the lord(or other locations like stairs etc) in a keep or tower while gates are still closed
c2) if this is not a bug, how is this not considered bug abusing if you can nuke locations you actually can't see or to set up a GT to beginn with?

If there are certain macros you can use for keeps and towers to do this, please elaborate how to set them with closed gates and no other los than the ram fov bug.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 3:47 PM by Uthred
a) no
a1) no matter if bug or what ever rule violation you want to report, best is to report it to a gamemaster via discord. you can also use the ingame command /appeal, but the faster way would be via discord.
b) it is client thing, so nothing we can do there.
c) yes, it is possible. like i said before, make a groundtarget macro when the keep/tower is owned by your realm as the guards wont attack you. you can then easily go at any position where you want to have the GT. if you dont, you still can do it during a keepfight by guessing or assisting someone who has a better GT.
c1) see answer c)
c2) that is how GT is working since forever.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 3:58 PM by CowwoC
Thank you Uthred for your answers, that helps.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 9:15 PM by CowwoC
Uthred wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 3:47 PM
c) yes, it is possible. like i said before, make a groundtarget macro when the keep/tower is owned by your realm as the guards wont attack you. you can then easily go at any position where you want to have the GT. if you dont, you still can do it during a keepfight by guessing or assisting someone who has a better GT.

Okay i can't figure it out, because i can't set up a GT macro with a changed Y-Axis wich you would need to place it on a higher location.

How would a macro look like if you want to place it inside a keep on various levels, let's say for the roof treb position, the lord or what ever comes to mind which position you normaly don't have a LOS to when gates are still up. And what do you mean by "you can then easily go at any position where you want to have the GT."? Can you save GT locations somehow? If not, how will this help you if you go to a GT position you want in a owned keep and the next day the keep is taken by another realm and your GT gone?

Obviously people are still able to plant a GT somehow at the lord position for example, even if the keep/ tower was not owned previously by that attacking realm for days. So if it just works like setting a GT inside the keeps lord room while you own it by walking to the lord, stay logged in till another realm takes the keep with the placed GT, then you try to retake the keep and the GT is still there. Then this is not the method i was asking.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics