Warden is missing the HoT Spell and proc/re-proc instant spells that are on live.

Started 2 Aug 2020
by Riektas
in Ask the Team
Is this done for a reason or was this an oversight?
I just came over from live, and saw it was missing on the first character I made.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-warden

Has a list of spells with values and %proc rates.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 8:26 AM by Uthred
Yes, our foundation is patch 1.65 with some custom changes.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:25 PM by The Skies Asunder
I would advise you to just skip Warden all together. No proc buffs, no HoT, no shield spec, no increased spec points, and none of the ToA items/MLs that made them what they were on Live. Your job is basically to run around with bubble, and resists up, toss a few heals, and every once in a while use a side snare style.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:03 PM by ExcretusMaximus
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:25 PM
I would advise you to just skip Warden all together. No proc buffs, no HoT, no shield spec, no increased spec points, and none of the ToA items/MLs that made them what they were on Live. Your job is basically to run around with bubble, and resists up, toss a few heals, and every once in a while use a side snare style.

In other words, be the support class they were meant to be, not a tank that heals.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:39 PM by The Skies Asunder
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:03 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:25 PM

In other words, be the support class they were meant to be, not a tank that heals.

"Meant to be.", yeah sure. That is exactly why they never changed them in any way on the Live servers, right? The fact simply is that the people who loved Warden on Live (myself included) played it because you could be support, or join the assist train, or solo and be decent in each area. Where as here you are stuck entirely in the support category, regardless of how you spec. Obviously some of those things will never be added to this server, my advise was from the point of view that coming from a Live Warden to here is really an entirely different class, and functions only as a second-rate druid with a TWF. Whether that is meant to be or not.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 10:31 PM by Bradekes
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:03 PM

If you look at the original manual for daoc it clearly states and defines warden as a Fighter/Healer hybrid not a support. I think you meant the support class Phoenix has made them to be.

Also, while I have a more literal definition of what a Fighter /Healer role is, as well as many warden lovers, everyone has the right to how they think a class is supposed to play. The fact is, Phoenix has chosen their own path for warden. It's not wrong just disappointing.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:17 AM by inoeth
i would love to play melee warden here but its really underwhelming with NF RAs ;( (no moblock)
Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:04 PM by Nephamael
I personally gave it a shot and played a warden in both ways, heal/peel 8v8 and solo full melee dps.

Since the nearsight addition grp warden is ok to play, just quite boring cause of lack of utility like a shaman or friar has it. A grp hot or grp specheal in the regrowth line would be a nice qol change there.

-------------
Melee warden is not viable because the dmg table has not been adjusted like friars dmg table was adjusted (+2h instead of 1h has defense penetration and dps advantage).
This is defnitely not fair and should be addressed by the Phoenix team.

For PvE instances warden is not viable as a tank because it lacks protect.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics