Necro and animist fix

Started 27 Jul 2020
by canzian
in Ask the Team
- fixed an issue allowing verdant pbae to go through walls / doors
- fixed an issue allowing ae bomber to be cast on doors

Ok.. and when u fix necro exploit in oil room?
Necro pet
can enter and cast pbaoe with no Los...
Mon 27 Jul 2020 6:03 PM by kratoxin
i agree with above ^^^
Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:21 PM by Forlornhope
canzian wrote:
Mon 27 Jul 2020 2:02 PM

Necro pet

The pet is what requires the los, if the pet enters the tower and pbaoes it does actually has los so that's not really the bug or issue. The problem is pets being able to go through walls, which they can not fix so you're SOL.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:28 PM by Siouxsie
Solution: Set the shade form AND pet to be 'player type' so they can't go through walls.
I'm sure it can be set in the code somewhere. Problem solved. No more necros cheesing through walls
for ground target assists or to exploit nonsense at the captain/lord.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:44 PM by gotwqqd
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:28 PM
Solution: Set the shade form AND pet to be 'player type' so they can't go through walls.
I'm sure it can be set in the code somewhere. Problem solved. No more necros cheesing through walls
And get hung up on everything
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:31 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Siouxsie wrote:

Better fix: When the shade clicks a door, the pet teleports inside or outside with the shade. No more putting the pet on passive/stay inside and going outside.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 2:19 PM by Lollie
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:31 PM
Better fix: When the shade clicks a door, the pet teleports inside or outside with the shade. No more putting the pet on passive/stay inside and going outside.

I cant stress how much this needs to happen!
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:34 PM by Seelixh
Did u ever played a necro? These answers doesnt make much sense.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:47 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Seelixh wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:34 PM
Did u ever played a necro? These answers doesnt make much sense.

Yes, I have, and mine makes perfect sense; it does away with the exploitable behavior while keeping the tether from breaking.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 11:22 PM by Gildar
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:31 PM
Siouxsie wrote:

Agree 100 %

Stop exploit necro bugs ... plz Gruenes !!!

@ Seelixh: when that was fixed enjoy normal toon play

@ Lollie: welcome on Hib
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:39 AM by canzian
gm send me when i do strafe with under 30% life for bug abuse...
why not send and ban for repeated necro exploit, if they can't fix it? to much work? or because is alb class?
Wed 29 Jul 2020 11:08 AM by Chia
canzian wrote:

Necro pet

This ^
And while we are at it, why is the pets going through walls issue in the icebox yet in progress is a bug about the size of a damn wall painting in housing
Sat 1 Aug 2020 12:23 AM by Forlornhope
Chia wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 11:08 AM
canzian wrote:

Necro pet

This ^
And while we are at it, why is the pets going through walls issue in the icebox yet in progress is a bug about the size of a damn wall painting in housing

Because I don't think it's an issue they can fix.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 6:53 AM by Sepplord
they could, but it would come with a ton of other issues
afaik it's similar to why we can't raize towers / shoot holes in keeps

definitely an important key factor missing for keepwarfare...but the alternative sounded equally bad (iirr)
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:24 PM by Expfighter
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 6:53 AM

definitely an important key factor missing for keepwarfare...but the alternative sounded equally bad (iirr)

GM told me once that they turned the keep shooting and destruction off in the TOOLKIT! he said they could turn it on, but decided not too. I wish they would turn it on.

/shrug
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:08 PM by gruenesschaf
Expfighter wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:24 PM
GM told me once that they turned the keep shooting and destruction off in the TOOLKIT! he said they could turn it on, but decided not too. I wish they would turn it on.

/shrug

I highly doubt that.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:14 AM by Expfighter
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:08 PM
Expfighter wrote:

/shrug

I highly doubt that.

what do you doubt?
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:39 AM by CowwoC
You better don't count on it to get fixed soon. Someone calls out for mid/ hib fixes(nefs) - devs are on in like a pack of wolves. A fix concerning albs? They will take ages(minstrel) if they ever get fixed(scout snare, necro pet and gt abusing).

[imho]
Tue 4 Aug 2020 2:55 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Expfighter wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:14 AM
what do you doubt?

The line of bullshit about a GM telling you that, when the Devs (Grue and Uthred) have said multiple times that the reason the keeps aren't destructible is because it introduces too many problems for them to fix.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 5:31 AM by Gildar
Expfighter wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 6:53 AM

/shrug

Ad i said n another discussion ....

I dont like destruyable walls and towers so much ....

You can immagine how many trebs a zerg of 80 toons can place ? And they fire iutside range of defenders...

No more fights to enter in cy or tower .... only boring waiting keep wall crumble ...

No i dont like it at all ... dont do same mistakes done on live pls
Tue 4 Aug 2020 5:27 PM by Expfighter
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 2:55 AM
Expfighter wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:14 AM
what do you doubt?

The line of bullshit about a GM telling you that, when the Devs (Grue and Uthred) have said multiple times that the reason the keeps aren't destructible is because it introduces too many problems for them to fix.

you may doubt that a GM told me that but they did, just like placing towers and keeps in another location. They work with an IDE toolset from live(why do you think when live updated they had to adapt) and can only pick items that already exist.

if you weren't in on the conversation i had with the GM don't act like you know sh*&!
Tue 4 Aug 2020 7:51 PM by gruenesschaf
Expfighter wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 5:27 PM
you may doubt that a GM told me that but they did, just like placing towers and keeps in another location. They work with an IDE toolset from live(why do you think when live updated they had to adapt) and can only pick items that already exist.

if you weren't in on the conversation i had with the GM don't act like you know sh*&!

I stilly highly doubt that because nothing you said makes sense or is accurate.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 7:54 PM by gruenesschaf
The reason we don't have destructible keeps is because our pathing is static and still cannot handle dynamic terrain changes, like a door opening / closing or walls / towers going away.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics