Re: Account Sharing FAQ - UPDATED 01/09/20

Beckett wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:30 PM
gamerone wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:08 PM
I havent played Daoc for about 6 months. Today I tried to login and got the message "Computer already assigned to at least one other account" as described in your FAQ above.

For your info:
1. I have just one account, never logged in on another
2. I just played with this computer

The only thing that changed: Because playing on Linux with wine, I updated wine from version 4 to 5 some time ago and made a new fresh Wine-Environment. If that is the reason, that I cant login anymore, you maybe should work on your algorithm to detect account sharing.

For myself, I decided to remove Daoc from my PC and look forward.

Bye

Please contact me on discord to resolve this matter

Had the same issue. I was running Wine 4.0 on Linux Mint 19.3. After talking to Beckett on discord, I tried using the Lutris launcher (not sure if this is a Mint exclusive). I switched the embedded Wine version to 6.0, and it worked immediately. Most likely a Wine version issue.

salve!
non giocavo a daoc da un po di anni ed avevo un account su un pc che adesso non esiste piu.
Non ricordavo èe password nè user ,ed il sistema di recupero ( non solo di password ma anche di user),è un po fallimentare.
Cmq il tempo di usare altro account e creare due pg che mi vengono recuperate le vecchie password.
ebbene....non posso cancellare questo account attulmente collegato al pc e riprendere con quello vecchio?

oshariu wrote:
Thu 18 Feb 2021 4:56 PM
salve!
non giocavo a daoc da un po di anni ed avevo un account su un pc che adesso non esiste piu.
Non ricordavo èe password nè user ,ed il sistema di recupero ( non solo di password ma anche di user),è un po fallimentare.
Cmq il tempo di usare altro account e creare due pg che mi vengono recuperate le vecchie password.
ebbene....non posso cancellare questo account attulmente collegato al pc e riprendere con quello vecchio?

Ciao Oshariu,

Grazie per aver controllato questo con noi.

È importante assicurarsi di utilizzare un solo account sul nuovo computer. L'utilizzo di più account non è consentito sul server.

Ti consiglio di mantenere il nuovo account (scartando il vecchio) e di tenere al sicuro l'utente e la password.

Buona fortuna!

Hello Beckett, I haven't played in over a year. It was not intentional that I signed in with the blasterboy account. I just wanted to try out after a long time whether I could get into any account at all. Regardless of my account or that of my son. And it worked with his account. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of my username until you wrote to me today. But now the PC is set to my son's account. What am I supposed to do now? We swapped PCs some time ago because mine was better and he wanted to play more demanding games. Now I can no longer log into my account.

Boanlkramer wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 3:28 PM
Hello Beckett, I haven't played in over a year. It was not intentional that I signed in with the blasterboy account. I just wanted to try out after a long time whether I could get into any account at all. Regardless of my account or that of my son. And it worked with his account. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of my username until you wrote to me today. But now the PC is set to my son's account. What am I supposed to do now? We swapped PCs some time ago because mine was better and he wanted to play more demanding games. Now I can no longer log into my account.

Please see your private forum mesasges

Hojo wrote:
Tue 6 Apr 2021 1:00 AM
Purchased a used computer off my friend. Went to log in and got the .. bound to account.. message.. didnt even realize this was a thing. Anyway to reset this? Or am I stuck with no chance to play?

Thanks in advance
get a new pc