Scout Root. Why no immunity?

First up.. this isn't a QQ. Scout root as a style is a nice idea, but the lack of immunity is weird as hell.

In what way is giving no root immunity for their anytime style at all balanced? Video evidence of the abuse that's possible. I had to just sit and watch the whole bit of nonsense unfold.

https://youtu.be/RPH5M0hCcaM

https://youtu.be/RPH5M0hCcaM

This is basically an anytime style that has the same effect as Ichor. It's bizarre. Actively encourages a really frustrating and boring playstyle for both the scout and their opponent, whom if the opponent is a tank of any flavour is **** out of luck.

*Yes im aware the counter play is rupt and shoot etc, but then a smart scout can just run outta range and shoot you, its manageable but incredibly boring for both sides, and more often than not ends in either the individual running and escaping, or the scout disengaging.
Tani - NS- RR10
Mezzmerelda - Bard - RR6
Bellelle- Lowbie Infil

AGAINST ALL ODDS - Nightshade/Infil Montage NEW JULY2020

BLADE - Tani - Nightshade/Infil Montage

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Videos

Re: Scout Root. Why no immunity?

make the 45 style on timer one use every 5 or 10 min, like an escape tool, and scout was and is fine, just garbage with low rr, of course if all scout spec 50 bow 45 shield it will be like a ranger or a hunter spec 50 bow ,it s not the smart idea at all
Skairipa a butterfly scout. Lady Lone Enforcer oO
Nephael a sweety infi
Sheidheda bowling ball hunter

Centenario wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 11:18 AM
Maybe propose a solution to make scout viable.

pointing at a problem is much easier than creating the solution...

that said, it isn't wrong to point at a problem if you identify one, even if you have no idea about the solution

last but not least, did the root style fix the scout? because i have heard that it didn't

Centenario wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 11:18 AM
Maybe propose a solution to make scout viable.

I think a good scout can already make the single anytime root viable when combined with shield styles (not slam...) and snares. That's why I didnt ask for it to be removed entirely.

Lack of any immunity is a similar issue to animist tanglers early days before the patch.

Unless i'm going mad, and perma CCing someone to run away and shoot them is 'fine'
Tani - NS- RR10
Mezzmerelda - Bard - RR6
Bellelle- Lowbie Infil

AGAINST ALL ODDS - Nightshade/Infil Montage NEW JULY2020

BLADE - Tani - Nightshade/Infil Montage

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Videos

The archery change has made archers do a little more damage but still not enough damage to kill targets quick enough for them to either get out of range or rupt the archer. I think this is a good thing and increasing archers damage soon reaches a tipping point when they become absurdly powerful (think initial archery buff when hib had relics).

Therefore, what do you do?... add utility things, like the scout root shield style. Good idea?, However, this root makes for an awful playstyle to play against, its so frustrating for one reason, repetition. Please add an immunity timer.

So following those two things, archers need spice not damage, they need fun stuff in their bow line.

Examples
Arrows that:
increase your melee damage for 20s.
A 350 range insta arrow on cooldown.
A bleed arrow.
A confuse arrow.
A amnesia arrow.

Blitze wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 4:07 PM
The archery change has made archers do a little more damage but still not enough damage to kill targets quick enough for them to either get out of range or rupt the archer. I think this is a good thing and increasing archers damage soon reaches a tipping point when they become absurdly powerful (think initial archery buff when hib had relics).

Therefore, what do you do?... add utility things, like the scout root shield style. Good idea?, However, this root makes for an awful playstyle to play against, its so frustrating for one reason, repetition. Please add an immunity timer.

So following those two things, archers need spice not damage, they need fun stuff in their bow line.

Examples
Arrows that:
increase your melee damage for 20s.
A 350 range insta arrow on cooldown.
A bleed arrow.
A confuse arrow.
A amnesia arrow.

I like the first two archery ideas. I already play my scout as a hybrid because focusing on just bow is not a good playstyle, you lose too much imo. But this would definitely spice up the hybrid style.

Right now Bow+Shield Spec is >> Bow+PF spec which is the standard for most bow archer builds.

The PF line needs to have some kind of survivability skill in it. I would say a short range insta cast stun or root on a timer.

Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 3:24 PM
I think a good scout can already make the single anytime root viable when combined with shield styles (not slam...) and snares. That's why I didnt ask for it to be removed entirely.

Lack of any immunity is a similar issue to animist tanglers early days before the patch.

Unless i'm going mad, and perma CCing someone to run away and shoot them is 'fine'

A root is nothing more than a 99% snare and hence this is a melee snare and just like any other melee snare it doesn't cause immunity.

Does it need to be a melee root? No, but the problem with the scout is that without it, once in melee it's a one trick pony and that trick is hard countered with purge which literally everyone has and unlike for casters it's pretty much a given that a scout will end up in melee unless the target is afk. Scout needs something to make it viable once in melee and some escape mechanism seemed more fitting than some kind of melee damage increase or damage taken decrease.