Re: No add 8vs8

chryso wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 11:06 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 7:58 PM
very few left, all others left because of the stupid zerg

There is no zerg on uthgard. You should check it out.

Just a question, but isn't a zerg more of a true RvR style of gameplay then 8v8 is?

1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 - basically fortnite/pubg with teams.

Zerg technically is DAoC since it is SUPPOSE to be RvRvR which means 3 realms against each other. Not you vs a specific other person and people getting upset about adds. Realm vs realm implies 1 army against another army and an army is basically a zerg of people.

Why do people feel like 1 group against another group is how DAoC was meant to be played? If that was the case there would be set arenas like ESO and not an open world fighting system meant for hundreds/thousands to fight each other.
It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

Quik wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 11:40 PM
chryso wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 11:06 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 7:58 PM
very few left, all others left because of the stupid zerg

There is no zerg on uthgard. You should check it out.

Just a question, but isn't a zerg more of a true RvR style of gameplay then 8v8 is?

1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 - basically fortnite/pubg with teams.

Zerg technically is DAoC since it is SUPPOSE to be RvRvR which means 3 realms against each other. Not you vs a specific other person and people getting upset about adds. Realm vs realm implies 1 army against another army and an army is basically a zerg of people.

Why do people feel like 1 group against another group is how DAoC was meant to be played? If that was the case there would be set arenas like ESO and not an open world fighting system meant for hundreds/thousands to fight each other.

You are correct, but careful the high an mighty 8mans will just belittle you and how you want to play if you don't live up to their standards/hypocritical rule set.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

that is not how it is at all. there is no "true" or "false" type of gameplay in daoc.
solo, small, 8, zerg ... its all possible
whats lacks is the respect for the other play styles and by that i mean zergers dont respect anyone!
i mean on the one hand you guys complain about "elitist 8 man" hunting down your solo or smallie, on the other hand you add every fight in sight.
why dont you just go to the zerg zone and do your one button game play? no thats not enough, you need to ruin others ppl fun in this game.

also i can understand that the guys who really want to play fair give up at some point when they constantly get added.... mainly by the bigger zergs.
at some point you might say fuck it i add these mofos.

still there are 8 mans who are really respectfull and who will kick you out of the grp if you start to add.

everyone should just calm down, think about other players ( es behind every toon there is a human looking for some fun in game) and decide if it is really worth zerging down solos with 5+ for 10rp? or let this guy have his kill, zerg him down afterwards and then he might come back?! the thing is if you constantly get raped, you get to the point where playing the game is no fun anymore and what i do, i simply log off. is it that what you want, making ppl want to log off? grats you got it.
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

This discussion is as old as the game itself.
In the end, there only one truth: everybody should and can play as she/he preffers

There will be never a way to get all people playing the game in the same way or to bring all to the same opinion and this is good.
From my point of view, everybody can play as he wants’. Solo, Small men, 8 men, zerg, adding or not. Doesn´t matter.

The biggest problem i see is, that the respect is missing, the respect for the playstyle of the others.
So, if you get added, take your consequences, but don´t blame the others for their way of playing.
If you get zerged, take your consequences, but don´t blame the others for their way of playing.
If you get jumped by bigger number or 8mans jump into zerg fight, take your consequences, but don´t blame the others for their way of playing.

I am mostly playing 8men or solo. If i run solo, i have to live with getting jumped by small men, 8 men or zergs, there it makes no difference, everybody is running behind a solo. But this is my problem, because i have chosen the option to run solo, so i have to take the consequence with getting killed by larger numbers.

If i play in 8 men, we sometimes have add. Then we have to live with it, we can´t change it.
The most important point for me is: Playing with my friends and having fun during that time.
--------------------------------------
Best regards,
Thoras Proudmoore - Paladin
Lux Aeterna

Lux.Thoras wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 1:04 PM
[...]

I agree i general, but i disagree on the complete freedom of playing how you want. There is a reason why griefplaying-rules exist. Because simply letting people do what they want always leads to some people "wanting to destroy the fun of others".

Imo, an 8man pulling off of a fight to let their realmmates die is borderline griefplaying WHEN it happens in LOS to a taskkeep for example. I just can't find any explanation why an 8man that wants to play by "those rules" would even BE near a taskkeep, let alone start a fight with another 8man there instead of running somewhere else (or just BEING Somewhere else in the first place). The only explanation is that they actually want these situations to happen and/or are even coordinating it.

When someone adds an 8vs8 in EV or another remote place, then they deserve getting killed while both previously fighting 8man do celebrating dance emotes on their corpsed before resetting/restarting their fight or going their own ways again.

It's not only 8mans though ofcourse. I have heard plenty of solos/smallmenpeople say stuff along the lines of: i will keep adding every 8vs8 they see. I don't care if they pull off and kil me, their fight is ruined anyways.

Both "offenses" are almost impossible to police though, so i understand why there's no official stance on it

Sepplord wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:15 PM
Lux.Thoras wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 1:04 PM
[...]

I agree i general, but i disagree on the complete freedom of playing how you want. There is a reason why griefplaying-rules exist. Because simply letting people do what they want always leads to some people "wanting to destroy the fun of others".

Imo, an 8man pulling off of a fight to let their realmmates die is borderline griefplaying WHEN it happens in LOS to a taskkeep for example. I just can't find any explanation why an 8man that wants to play by "those rules" would even BE near a taskkeep, let alone start a fight with another 8man there instead of running somewhere else (or just BEING Somewhere else in the first place). The only explanation is that they actually want these situations to happen and/or are even coordinating it.

When someone adds an 8vs8 in EV or another remote place, then they deserve getting killed while both previously fighting 8man do celebrating dance emotes on their corpsed before resetting/restarting their fight or going their own ways again.

It's not only 8mans though ofcourse. I have heard plenty of solos/smallmenpeople say stuff along the lines of: i will keep adding every 8vs8 they see. I don't care if they pull off and kil me, their fight is ruined anyways.

Both "offenses" are almost impossible to police though, so i understand why there's no official stance on it
Sorry but I go further

It’s not okay under Any circumstances to allow a realm mates to die because they help with combat against an enemy.

The ones that wish for “set” conflicts need to keep trying and be happy when they get them.

Sepplord wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:15 PM

As far is I can tell it is not coordinated in any way. They are in the zerg zones so they get these additional jucy rps for farming worse/smaller groups. It would be pretty easy to go other zones but they would miss a lot of rps, so they prefer to get these rps and also prefer to complain about adds or getting zerged by the zerg sometimes.
I also experienced situation where I get cursed after adding an 8man fight in LOS of a keep and dock. At the same time they state you can't complain about getting added near a dock or a keep, so that leads me to the conclusion they are stupid in some way. (double standards)

Just for the notes, I also do 8man and smallman and I appreciate fair fight and I also complain about adds (but only in ts/discord) I don't send them to fuck off.

I just rerolled to alb after being gone for several months. Has this server basically turned into a few 8v8s and basically their underlings following the guidelines they set? Not that anyone cares about a single player coming or going, but I certainly don't want to play here if it's simply a controlled 8v8 fest, every server in the past has dwindled in population and went this route...and it never picks back up, it slowly decays the server in exchange for a handful of people's preferred DAoC style. Please tell me this is not the case so I don't continue to waste time here. I like 8v8 but I also enjoy every aspect of DAoC(Excluding 3 hours PvE raids.)

Inactas wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 7:22 PM
I just rerolled to alb after being gone for several months. Has this server basically turned into a few 8v8s and basically their underlings following the guidelines they set? Not that anyone cares about a single player coming or going, but I certainly don't want to play here if it's simply a controlled 8v8 fest, every server in the past has dwindled in population and went this route...and it never picks back up, it slowly decays the server in exchange for a handful of people's preferred DAoC style. Please tell me this is not the case so I don't continue to waste time here. I like 8v8 but I also enjoy every aspect of DAoC(Excluding 3 hours PvE raids.)

Depending on the timezone you play it will differ. There is almost always a mid/hib zerg on during EU, and there is always a mid zerg on during NA time. There may be more set 8mans during EU time, I am not too familiar with since I play NA time.. but most of these 8mans have devolved into adding any other fight that's not in their little established 8v8 community then getting butt hurt if anyone responds in kind and adds theirs. Which normally leads to them breaking off a fight letting their realm mates die and then resetting their own fight with the other group. They will also role over solos/small mans and camp docks all day.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 7:36 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 7:30 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 7:28 PM
That's really not the case, except in very few instances. 8mans add anything that's not another 8man, and they'll even add those if they feel like it. It doesn't matter if you've added in the past or not.

serious 8 mans do not add

If it's not an 8v8, yeah they do. Which is the problem with their way of thinking, you can add anything you want indiscriminately unless it's one of the other established 8mans and expect people to not add on you. I have been added on by just about everyone of the 8mans who are still around. So either there aren't any "serious" 8mans left or they're all full of shit.

They're all *peeep*. Language, edited by Uthred. It was this way on Live too.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902