Solo Pally RR8 Euloggie

Started 11 May 2021
by Steelcurtain28
in Videos
https://youtu.be/hTXPb0U4ykE
Tue 11 May 2021 5:11 PM by Magesty
After seeing you telling inexperienced players in /advice that Paladins are an "S tier solo class" that easily beats high RR assassins, and then following it up by frantically disagreeing with any dissenters, I'm a little disappointed.

Maybe you thought the "S" stood for "Suboptimal"?
Tue 11 May 2021 8:02 PM by Steelcurtain28
Magesty wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 5:11 PM
After seeing you telling inexperienced players in /advice that Paladins are an "S tier solo class" that easily beats high RR assassins, and then following it up by frantically disagreeing with any dissenters, I'm a little disappointed.

Maybe you never seen me kill any RR10+ sins? or other classes go look at my other videos all the proof is there sorry you don't know how to play the class but don't try to nock it
Tue 11 May 2021 8:03 PM by Steelcurtain28
Magesty wrote:

Also never said easily please don't put words in my mouth I have stated they can beat them and just about most classes in the game again don't put words in my mouth I never said.
Tue 11 May 2021 10:53 PM by paqdizzle
Magesty wrote:

? I've seen this pally straight up SMASH 3 rangers at once lol the next time they showed up and tried to get on Euloggie, they ran off once one of the rangers died lol..
I've seen Euloggie beat every single solo out there on his pally. Sure he's died too from the same people he's beaten, but if he has all his tricks/RAs it's usually quite the show.

I would also put them in the S tier for solo classes/duelers. Not sure why you're disappointed XD this is gold.
Wed 12 May 2021 4:58 PM by Magesty
Do you guys understand how tier lists work?
Wed 12 May 2021 5:37 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Magesty wrote:
Wed 12 May 2021 4:58 PM
Do you guys understand how tier lists work?

Do you?

Being able to beat every class in the game would be S-tier, whether you agree or not, as there are more than a few in this game which cannot beat all of them.
Wed 12 May 2021 6:50 PM by Magesty
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 12 May 2021 5:37 PM
Do you?

Being able to beat every class in the game would be S-tier, whether you agree or not, as there are more than a few in this game which cannot beat all of them.

So now we have three people who don't understand how tier lists work.

What does it mean in this context, exactly, to be able to "beat every class in the game"? Almost every class that one would consider soloing on is certainly capable of beating every other class given the appropriate circumstances.

S-tier in any sort of gaming/meta tier list is reserved for only the absolute most powerful and consistent choices. That's why there are, you know, a bunch of other tiers.

Take, for example, a Cabalist. There exists conditions in which they can beat every class in the game, but they would not be considered an S-tier solo class because they are inconsistent and are negatively affected by the current bloat of assassins & archer groups (ie the state of the meta). An appropriate place for the cabalist would likely be around C tier, and I would suspect anyone who actually understand tier lists would likely agree.

As another example look at how tier lists are used in MOBAs. The A and B tier characters are still perfectly viable and able to dominate games, but the S tier characters are going to be the ones that are both the most consistent and the most powerful given the current meta.

Same thing with FPS gun tier lists. The highest tier guns are going to be your top flight options (awp, AK, M1, etc), but using the lower tier options can still result in plenty of kills and victories. They just aren't quite as effective.

So if I am talking to a new player and saying something is "S tier" it is assumed that that thing is in the absolute upper echelon. It doesn't mean, "it can be viable if you play it correctly/RA dump". That is what C and B tier are for.
Wed 12 May 2021 10:31 PM by Catkain
Over time I think mr. Eulogy is able to kill any class, but I have yet to see him fight many albs so possibly there are some challenging matchups there (I’m guessing necro would be the toughest). I know for sure ha killed me a bunch of times <3

I would put pallies in the same tier as skalds. There are no soloers that I have not killed and there are no soloers that have not killed me.

I don’t see that fitting the description of S-tier, but I also don’t see daoc as actually having any S-tier solo classes.
Wed 12 May 2021 10:47 PM by Kwall0311
Catkain wrote:
Wed 12 May 2021 10:31 PM
I don’t see that fitting the description of S-tier, but I also don’t see daoc as actually having any S-tier solo classes.

More often than not its the player thats S tier, rather than the class.
Thu 13 May 2021 3:16 AM by paqdizzle
Catkain wrote:
Over time I think mr. Eulogy is able to kill any class, but I have yet to see him fight many albs so possibly there are some challenging matchups there (I’m guessing necro would be the toughest). I know for sure ha killed me a bunch of times <3

I would put pallies in the same tier as skalds. There are no soloers that I have not killed and there are no soloers that have not killed me.

I personally have seen him slaughter albs when that PvP event was in Sygian delta. Remember the elitist dulers eventually took over and ruined that BG lol Euloggie was in there the whole time XD not saying he ruined it or is an elitist dueler. but still
Thu 13 May 2021 3:18 AM by paqdizzle
Kwall0311 wrote:
Wed 12 May 2021 10:47 PM
Catkain wrote:

More often than not its the player thats S tier, rather than the class.

While I 100% agree with you...
You mean AHK then player, then class
Thu 13 May 2021 3:21 AM by Steelcurtain28
paqdizzle wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 3:16 AM
Catkain wrote:

I personally have seen him slaughter albs when that PvP event was in Sygian delta. Remember the elitist dulers eventually took over and ruined that BG lol Euloggie was in there the whole time XD not saying he ruined it or is an elitist dueler. but still
It's All right here I have fought mercs and reavers https://youtu.be/_OXHGeE7DMc
Thu 13 May 2021 3:22 AM by paqdizzle
Steelcurtain28 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 3:21 AM
paqdizzle wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 3:16 AM
Catkain wrote:

It's All right here I have fought mercs and reavers https://youtu.be/_OXHGeE7DMc

I know for a fact Euloggie is top tier regardless of what people in here want to say, Ahem Magesty... He seems to be in my posts as well trying to downplay everything that's stated.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics