DAOC Phoenix - Tempyst 1.8 - Reaver

Started 30 Sep 2020
by jpgaskell
in Videos
Venturing into the upside down, again. My colorful armor scheme persists for at least one more video. As a bonus I finally stuck to my target length of 15 minutes.

Solo and duo fights, RR8, Unicorn Knight.

https://youtu.be/aVpAUxV7rlg

Enjoy!

- Tempyst
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:43 AM by inoeth
always the same slam+levi
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:24 AM by MeatBicycle
inoeth wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:43 AM

in my opinion its ridiculous to have a class with an anytime 9sec stun and that amount of dmg from a single backstyle. In addition with shieldspec and tons of rupt because reavers can use both ranks of their spells to rupt because they don't share a cooldown here ( i don't think it was that way on live..?) the class is just really bad balanced. Way too strong, killing most classes without purge in the first stun and can even win 1vX if the opponents don't have purge up
Thu 1 Oct 2020 1:47 PM by jpgaskell
@inoeth - slowly working on templating an inf. It's painful and expensive but you should see some rr2 inf videos at some point!

@MeatBicycle - a Reaver is definitely a strong class but there are a lot of strong solo classes. I'm also rr8 at this point so I have a decent amount of passives to help. If I were to roll again I would probably take a Champ to high rr on this server. I lost to two of them in this video
Thu 1 Oct 2020 2:01 PM by DinoTriz
inoeth wrote:

And if he wasn't doing that you'd complain that he should be slamming + levi'ing
Fri 2 Oct 2020 6:45 AM by inoeth
DinoTriz wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 2:01 PM
inoeth wrote:

And if he wasn't doing that you'd complain that he should be slamming + levi'ing

nope
Mon 5 Oct 2020 10:11 AM by MeatBicycle
jpgaskell wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 1:47 PM
@inoeth - slowly working on templating an inf. It's painful and expensive but you should see some rr2 inf videos at some point!

@MeatBicycle - a Reaver is definitely a strong class but there are a lot of strong solo classes. I'm also rr8 at this point so I have a decent amount of passives to help. If I were to roll again I would probably take a Champ to high rr on this server. I lost to two of them in this video

Sure, there are a lot of strong classes but against most of them you have nice fights, with or without purge. Against a reaver you can have a nice fight when your purge is up, but without purge you get slam and a few levis and you are dead before the stun ends. Thats something what makes the reaver special. Access to a easy to land 9sec stun with amazing positional dps. In addition with Shieldspec, long Melee Range, tons of rupt, twf, Chain it is too much in my opinion. You can beat 1vX without huge trouble if your opponents don't have purge up. Thats not the case for most of the other strong classes.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 11:47 AM by Noashakra
Yarna destoyed me yesterday and didn't even use slam
Mon 5 Oct 2020 1:39 PM by MeatBicycle
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 11:47 AM

On your ns? There are so many classes that stomp assassins that it is not even remarkable Merc is another perfect example with dt (and slam as well..)^^
Mon 5 Oct 2020 9:35 PM by jpgaskell
@MeatBicycle - I finally templated my little Infiltrator. Should have a rr3 video out next week if I can get some kills haha
Thu 8 Oct 2020 6:38 AM by Noashakra
MeatBicycle wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 1:39 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 11:47 AM

On your ns? There are so many classes that stomp assassins that it is not even remarkable Merc is another perfect example with dt (and slam as well..)^^

It's just that she uses another playstyle and don't rely on slam and levy to win
Thu 8 Oct 2020 5:26 PM by jpgaskell
@Noashakra - I'm picking up what you're putting down. Slam + levi is just part of the kit. I've avoided running TWF because I felt like TWF5 bombing a 1v1 fight was kind of a meh strategy. There are certainly plenty of ways to skin the cat. I need a little bit more footage for the last of the '80's synth series' before I dye my armor back to something bland.

I did have another build in mind that would lower both parry and shield significantly. Once I finish up the next vid I'll respec and run that for a while. I would still get a few levis off each fight but it wouldn't be dependent on slam. My only concern with a no slam build is dealing with casters who can perma kite with pets, etc .. but I'll give it a shot.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 10:11 PM by Tubby
MeatBicycle wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:24 AM
inoeth wrote:

in my opinion its ridiculous to have a class with an anytime 9sec stun and that amount of dmg from a single backstyle. In addition with shieldspec and tons of rupt because reavers can use both ranks of their spells to rupt because they don't share a cooldown here ( i don't think it was that way on live..?) the class is just really bad balanced. Way too strong, killing most classes without purge in the first stun and can even win 1vX if the opponents don't have purge up

I will be honest strong from behind thats what she said but and a very big but weak defences and if slam is purged most reavers against a good player will loose
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics