Tutorial Increase how fast you zone. Speed changed from 15-20 seconds to 4-5 seconds. With 1 quick windows change.

Started 13 Aug 2020
by Teehehe
in Videos
Tutorial Increase how fast you zone. Speed changed from 15-20 seconds to 4-5 seconds. With 1 quick windows change.
https://youtu.be/VQ5qCAwp0ds

Edit: Timestamp of actual fix: https://youtu.be/VQ5qCAwp0ds?t=187

Edit:video to decrease your vulnerability by having downloaded a virus named game.dll this video shows how to ensure that its your DAOC game.dll file that is excluded. Just remember anytime you add files or processes to your antivirus it can make you vulnerable. Always make sure you trust the publisher/download/content.

Https://youtu.be/Ve0al9JbL5w
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:43 AM by inoeth
nearly 8 min video ;D you could easily have shorten that to 2 min, thx anyway will do it as soon as i get home^^
Fri 14 Aug 2020 9:50 AM by Teehehe
inoeth wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:43 AM
nearly 8 min video ;D you could easily have shorten that to 2 min, thx anyway will do it as soon as i get home^^

when load times are 15-20 seconds it makes the video longer and the purpose of the video was to show the difference that it made. I mean i could have simply said add it to your exclusions and left it at that but people would asked how and most would have wanted "proof" it works. so yeah the video is long but it shows what the issue is and then how to fix it. 15-20 seconds a load screen with 4 loading screens + original connecting screens +15 seconds to logout. I can add time stamp to description to skip ahead for others though that simply want the fix.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 10:41 AM by inoeth
Teehehe wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 9:50 AM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:43 AM

when load times are 15-20 seconds it makes the video longer and the purpose of the video was to show the difference that it made. I mean i could have simply said add it to your exclusions and left it at that but people would asked how and most would have wanted "proof" it works. so yeah the video is long but it shows what the issue is and then how to fix it. 15-20 seconds a load screen with 4 loading screens + original connecting screens +15 seconds to logout. I can add time stamp to description to skip ahead for others though that simply want the fix.

i mean all the circle drawing with the mouse.... could have been shorter, but no offense thanks again for showing this trick
Fri 14 Aug 2020 12:15 PM by Centenario
What if game.dll is not a unique process? does it exclude any game.dll from threat protection.
So any virus with name game.dll will be allowed to run?
Fri 14 Aug 2020 9:50 PM by Teehehe
Centenario wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 12:15 PM
What if game.dll is not a unique process? does it exclude any game.dll from threat protection.
So any virus with name game.dll will be allowed to run?

That would be correct any process named game.dll would run without antivirus scanning it. You can do exclusion and file and set it to game.dll if you want it to be specific. However my install is not in the typical location and Im not certain most people could find theirs given the amount of solvable issues people have or problems installing custom ui or things related to the daoc folder.

Edit: You should always be wary when adding any items to your antivirus exclusion, you should also always be wary and make sure you trust the files you are downloading.

To clarify you would do process and link your entire directory to the game.dll
example mine is
D:\Pheonix\Dark Age of Camelot\game.dll
most should be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\game.dll

edit heres a video you might like showing that and its less than 2 minutes for your convenience
https://youtu.be/Ve0al9JbL5w
Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:02 PM by Centenario
Ok Boomer Laaa
Let's meet up at Bugis lan at the top of the mall and eat some red beans juice later today kk?

^^
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics