1v1 Zone - No Teaming, No Dueling at Portals with Spectators

Started 25 Jun 2020
by Ardri
in Videos
1v1 zone big joke. Please drain the swamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoI-rzvUCIs&feature=youtu.be
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:35 AM by protege
Oof :O
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:41 AM by Ceen
Just close the zone and no more 1vs1 patches. Deal with it.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:49 AM by Stynkfyst28
Ardri wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:32 AM

Ardri why you gotta be like this? and why not post the real crap. I roamed all day and found plenty of organic fights and also had duels on top of it, everyone was happy. God forbid a solo makes 5-7k rps a hour.

Also how is this rp farming vrs riding a bg afk over 50% of the time getting fed free rps. Get real and grow up. Stop being a toxic person and trying to ruin others fun. Why can't people just play the dang game and stop crying soooooooooooooo much.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:50 AM by Stynkfyst28
Ardri wrote:

I will make sure to have my video done tomorrow so everyone can see people actually roamed QQer
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:36 AM by Saroi
2:49 and 3:13 most hilarious bullshit how that guy helped the other out of mezz.

I was there this morning and all just standing at the portal just like yesterday people standing at the portal. We can see this "we don't like duels, we want roaming" talk from "real solo" are utter bullshit.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:16 PM by Blitze
As a summary of your video and based on the thread title...
You think that:
1. Dueling at the portal is out of order,
and
2. Teaming up to kill a minstrel is also not cricket.

To address the first point, I agree the duelling at the portals is not organic and should be stopped (all it would take is Devs warning people).

To address the second point, i disagree and believe that teaming up is absolutely fine (with some exceptions)... For example, it would be idiotic for me on my RR7 friar to try and solo take down a Champion or a BD or a Minstrel and expect to get RPs. So i either run away (easier said than done, as friars permasprint advantage doesnt even exist here) OR if I see one of those classes fighting I add in or I finish them off, [secret option no.3: i could re-roll my friar ( a champ/mins/BD]

The "teaming-up" exceptions are really just examples of toxic behaviour in my opinion.
a. Constantly hunting/waiting and adding the same person whenever you see them fight (only stealths and speed6ers can abuse this)
b. Repetitively killing people with the same other player in a 2man psuedo-group.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:37 PM by Ardri
Ceen wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:41 AM
Just close the zone and no more 1vs1 patches. Deal with it.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:38 PM by Amser
Ardri wrote:

Lots of roaming and organic fights while I was out. Had a lot of fun myself. I think some people are still adjusting to the new rules and it will only get better with time.

Also, remember. You are a minstrel. There are not a ton of classes that will be able to take you on solo. I would expect people to "team up" / focus on you when you engage.

Just ask Smud. If your class (or personal skill) surpasses others greatly, you are the threat.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:56 PM by Ardri
Amser wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:38 PM
Ardri wrote:

Lots of roaming and organic fights while I was out. Had a lot of fun myself. I think some people are still adjusting to the new rules and it will only get better with time.

Also, remember. You are a minstrel. There are not a ton of classes that will be able to take you on solo. I would expect people to "team up" / focus on you when you engage.

Just ask Smud. If your class (or personal skill) surpasses others greatly, you are the threat.

It's a duel town at the portals. And then it's enforced like the video i posted.

Just delete the whole solo zone. Make it a 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 zone.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 3:07 PM by Phoku
How about getting rid of everything and assume that RvR will happen organically in the FZ?
Thu 25 Jun 2020 5:32 PM by Ibs
/gvg fair fight is a custom undaoc command in which two 8 mans fight, and if the leaders of both groups accept it was a "fair fight" each group member gets 1k rps. That's 16k total rp given for free to winner and loser. Even if you were assjammed by another group or added it was common to see people offer or accept the gvg fair fight. People are free to do this all night, and there's no rp reduction on this based on rr.

Zergers can beat on doors, avoid fights. They get Phoenix claws, the task tick, and rps for knocking down a couple doors, and killing a couple NPCs.

Stealth groups camp a dock in silence until a lesser amount of people show up and they execute them without having a chance.

Soloers want a fair fight with one other person and everyone acts like it's a disaster, the sky is falling, soloers aren't getting added every fight! Shut it down, ban them! You realize people organize fights everyday in discords right?
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:29 PM by Kimahri
Only thing wrong that I saw in this video was breaking mez, and I guess being in the vicinity of the portals, yet ardri was there too so /shrug. Most of the video was simply karma taking place.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:26 PM by caelio
its all the time the same players who adding.

They constantly insult each other on the region channel. They are immature, real kids.

DEV managed to create the worst of daoc phoenix.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 12:48 PM by Lerox
I heard the minstrel is OP why you don't fight them all at once?
Fri 26 Jun 2020 12:57 PM by Razur Ur
Ardri wrote:

Clap clap the players do it all right :-D and what do you expect with your run away tactics, it's your own fault when you get add ;-).
fight properly or something like this awaits you with your lame minstrel.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:15 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 12:57 PM
Clap clap the players do it all right :-D and what do you expect with your run away tactics, it's your own fault when you get add ;-).

Says the guy playing a Champion...
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:39 PM by Razur Ur
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:15 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

Says the guy playing a Champion...

there is a difference between choosing a fight against a champion or a minstrel who can run away at any time! And champion's without active RA's rdy is not as
strong as everyone says, who says otherwise is just a noob and too stupid to win against a champion. But again for you, if things don't go so well you can run
away from a champion but you can never run away from a minstrel unless you fight with a skald.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:57 PM by Lerox
Razur Ur wrote:
Ardri wrote:

Basically I agree with what you say in general because most of the times the minstrel does not have to kite dd enemies.
But fighting a merc/bm/warrior is painful for the minstrel in a fair 1v1 without kiting but it is not impossible.

In his videos you don't really see if his kite dd action is intended or just a reaction from former fights.
Speaking for myself you get a lot of hate from other solos if you run solo as minstrel so it could be that he had bad experiences before and he saw more people around when he engaged (for example first fight).

Furthermore I don't know what he did before to them but when I was in the solo zone with my minstrels I had like 1 adder or so but I might have been lucky.

But it is a pvp zone for solos and not a 1v1 zone so expect adds or similar. Breaking CC from other enemies is against the rules so people should stick to that.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:42 PM by Blitze
What’s the exact wording of the breaking CC rule?
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:52 PM by Razur Ur
Lerox wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:57 PM
In his videos you don't really see if his kite dd action is intended or just a reaction from former fights.
Speaking for myself you get a lot of hate from other solos if you run solo as minstrel so it could be that he had bad experiences before and he saw more people around when he engaged (for example first fight).

I saw first fight vs Euloggie who broken the fight and adri turn back two times and attack that paladin.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:54 PM by Lerox
Blitze wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:42 PM
What’s the exact wording of the breaking CC rule?

Uthred wrote:
Fri 3 Apr 2020 10:51 AM
The basic rule for RvR is:

You are allowed to add. You are allowed to not add. You can choose whom you want to fight. You can choose whom you dont want to fight.

Thats the foundation and from where to start. It gets more tricky if it comes to (intentional) CC breaking. There is no clear blueprint to this. Each and every case is different and has to be reviewed individually. We had multiple cases where players where warned and/or banned for intentional CC breaking. It was done by 8mans as well by solos & smallmans.
It is a huge difference who is breaking CC for whom against who. In general: Helping another realm against your own realm mates is not allowed, however, helping another realm against the third realm is fine. But dont take this as a freepass. Like said above it always depends on the situation.
Another really important thing to determine if something is punishable or not, is if there have been any arrangements before. This is also something which is really different from case to case. One thing of the 8mans is that if 2 groups are fighting, and a 3rd group is adding, that both groups switch onto the adding group. This is something that we tolerate and that is also something which is covered by the above stated basic rule. This is btw also valid for any other groupsize and not an 8mans only rule.
Some people would call this respect for your enemy, some people dont care about it. There is no right or wrong on how to play this game. I think that is also one of the reasons why Daoc RvR is something special: In 90% of the cases you dont know what will happen next. This is the major difference to an arena-based pvp-game, where you know how many and which enemies are waiting for you.
But in the end, everyone playing this server is part of this community. You dont have to like each other, you dont even have to respect each other. But try at least to not insult each other. That would make the Staffs life way more comfortable. Thank you for reading.

I guess that is the only real one regarding to cc break.
Sun 28 Jun 2020 9:12 AM by Noashakra
You are sad becaus you can't run buff botted like in tref?

You are a terrible person, and you reap what you sow.

It harder when all your realm mate aren't there to defend you when people try to give you a taste of your own medecine, because they didn't see you add someone else 5mn ago.
Sun 28 Jun 2020 2:47 PM by pollojack
Yikes. The only add bs I have had to deal with is scouts who then complain they are getting focused by people they added on.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:34 AM by Stynkfyst28
Saroi wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:36 AM
2:49 and 3:13 most hilarious bullshit how that guy helped the other out of mezz.

I was there this morning and all just standing at the portal just like yesterday people standing at the portal. We can see this "we don't like duels, we want roaming" talk from "real solo" are utter bullshit.

You mean the fight ardri added funny how he didn't add the whole fight in that huh.... smh
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:35 AM by Stynkfyst28
Amser wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:38 PM
Ardri wrote:

Also when he adds on fights . What you think is going to happen...
Wed 1 Jul 2020 6:45 PM by Saroi
Stynkfyst28 wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:34 AM
Saroi wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:36 AM

You mean the fight ardri added funny how he didn't add the whole fight in that huh.... smh

If he adds or not isn't an issue, that is part of the PvP zone. It isn't meant as a dueling zone even if you guys made it to another one. The issue is the teaming up and kicking out of CC etc. but it is good to see that Devs took action and banned the Skald who did this in the video.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics