Buff macro - dmg shield missing (Midgard, shaman subterran spec)

Started 21 Mar 2021
by Laron
in Resolved Issues
See title, at least in the description there is no option for the dmg shield, which is a conc buff.

Issue Timeline

21 Mar 2021 Laron created this issue
20 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf triaged this issue
20 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to backlog
20 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
21 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Mon 22 Mar 2021 1:13 AM by Kurbsen
good, shouldnt be promoting the use of damage shield on your group members in rvr anyways
Mon 22 Mar 2021 2:34 AM by shintacki
Maybe the damage shield is the only way some people can tag enemies
Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:04 PM by Laron
> good, shouldnt be promoting the use of damage shield on your group members in rvr anyways

It is a matter of principle
Tue 23 Mar 2021 7:11 PM by gotwqqd
shintacki wrote:
Mon 22 Mar 2021 2:34 AM
Maybe the damage shield is the only way some people can tag enemies
I wish some of the groups I was in had this option.
Thu 25 Mar 2021 4:18 PM by Urzawolf
I always found damage shield to be perplexing in the cave shaman spec. You have root in the same spec line, so your own abilities counter each other. That being said, I do agree with you that it should be included in the buff macro. It probably isn't due to the fact that damage shield isn't concentration for any other realm. They might be better off just changing it into a 20 second duration spell that can be cast on yourself (and the entire group at once) like the spell for mana magicians in Hibernia or the Earth Damage Shield for Wizard. I tend to cast damage shield on myself and cancel it when I go to cast root, but I am a cave shaman pve'r mostly.
Mon 29 Mar 2021 12:46 PM by Laron
I think POM is also a conc buff in Midgard only. Probably the dmg shield simply got overlooked, because it is rarely used in RvR.

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics