Cabaist AOE Diasese lvl 44 bugy

Started 6 Mar 2021
by Egonek
in Resolved Issues
all time if you start the ae Disease as first cast it need full 3s and ignore dex and moArt.

The bug is since yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xssK_7HvuK8

Issue Timeline

6 Mar 2021 Egonek created this issue
14 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf triaged this issue
14 Apr 2021 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to resolved
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:31 AM by gruenesschaf
Will almost certainly be gone after a reboot, tried it locally and it's not present there.

I have no idea how this bug is even possible. There is nothing different between casting from the queue and starting to cast that has any effect on the cast time. I blame cosmic rays :p

If it were always the 3 sec cast time it would be simple as the spell would just somehow have gotten corrupted / gained the fixed cast time attribute but it makes absolutely zero sense to only be the case for the first cast. It would be simple if it were a random disease casts and affecting all versions not just one particular spell as then the reused disease driver would have been corrupted / something would have been stuck but that's also not the case and it's only this one spell.

I tried changing the cast time to 2.999ms, adding and later removing the fixed cast time attribute and lots more things, just makes no sense.

It would be interesting to know if any other spells are affected.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:38 PM by Centenario
It does feel that it is the case with some other spells:
Sorc AoE mezz, sometimes feel slower on the first cast.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 9:04 AM by keen
Centenario wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:38 PM
It does feel that it is the case with some other spells:
Sorc AoE mezz, sometimes feel slower on the first cast.
Do you use quick cast for the first aoe mezz?
Mon 8 Mar 2021 5:10 PM by Centenario
I was doing some DS, it felt like sometimes my AoE spell was a lot slower, could be because of the quickcast. Does it remove the cast speed bonus?
And not because of a debuff.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 6:41 PM by vxr
Centenario wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 5:10 PM
I was doing some DS, it felt like sometimes my AoE spell was a lot slower, could be because of the quickcast. Does it remove the cast speed bonus?
And not because of a debuff.

Ya, quickcast casts at the delve casting time AFAIK.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 9:48 AM by Sepplord
to be specific, quickcast always casts at the quickcast castspeed, not the casted spells castspeed

A fast cast spell casted by a high dex caster will be slower using quickcast, but low-RRs or a long casttime spell (for example a Bonedancer recasting their pet) quickcast will be much faster than the usual casttime

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics