/random list only displaying the top 100 rolls

Started 23 Dec 2020
by romulus
in Resolved Issues
Hi!
This week we are seeing that the /random roll functionality is only recording the top 100 rolls after our PvE raids.
While 100 slots seem like it should be enough for any raid with less than 100 pieces of loot, the problem is many players log out immediately if they don't get a good roll, resulting in a lot of "not here's" as we go through the list. In the problem case, people with rolls lower than the cut-off stick around waiting for a loot piece and their roll isn't being reported by /random list, and hence they miss out.

What is needed here is to double the array of rolls that is recorded to 200 instead of 100 (ideally an unbounded array would be best, but this judgement is best left to the dev team).
Thanks!
:hugs:

Issue Timeline

23 Dec 2020 romulus created this issue
23 Dec 2020 gruenesschaf triaged this issue
23 Dec 2020 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to backlog
23 Dec 2020 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
23 Dec 2020 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Wed 23 Dec 2020 12:11 AM by LrdRahl
Would be great it could be done! Also could let us run reverse rolls (lowest to highest)
Wed 23 Dec 2020 2:39 AM by romulus
Hi again!
It occurred to me that the /random list might be paging the output, much like the /housing empty command does.
(i.e. /random list [1] shows top 100, /random list 2 shows 100-200, etc.)
I wanted to test this tonight after our latest Sidi run, but I logged out before I remembered. ><
Maybe the devs can comment if this is correct, or if not, I will test it on the next Sidi raid.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 7:08 AM by gruenesschaf
The recording is not capped only the output was capped to 100. The next reboot will add an optional page argument to the list command and change the page size to 50.
Wed 23 Dec 2020 3:02 PM by romulus
Thanks gruenesschaf!
I updated the slash commands post with the new information!

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics