Hybrid spell replacement on level up is wrong

Started 5 Apr 2018
by gruenesschaf
in Resolved Issues
Did happen when level on a 1 to 10 cleric, every new buff spell, spell on macro are replace with others spells of all the three spec lines.

Same happens with shaman. Either when leveling up and gaining new spells or training

Issue Timeline

5 Apr 2018 gruenesschaf created this issue
2 Aug 2018 gruenesschaf triaged this issue
2 Aug 2018 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to open
19 Sep 2018 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from open to soon
28 Sep 2018 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
28 Sep 2018 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from gruenesschaf to Nobody
30 Oct 2018 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
30 Oct 2018 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from gruenesschaf to Nobody
30 Oct 2018 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from open to ice_boxed
16 Sep 2020 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from ice_boxed to backlog
16 Sep 2020 gruenesschaf assigned this issue from Nobody to gruenesschaf
9 Oct 2020 gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from in_progress to resolved
Tue 30 Oct 2018 11:31 AM by gruenesschaf
Fixing this would take a lot of effort, imo much more than it would be worth it to do it before launch.
Thu 24 Jan 2019 5:18 PM by Dakar
its annoying as f***. pls fix it : )
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:37 PM by Eoril
i think that it happens when you have create 2 characters with buff line like friar + cleric on alb
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:19 PM by JaggedOne
What does "ice_boxed" mean ?
Put on ice for later ?
Sun 24 May 2020 3:13 AM by burfo
Just a note, this is still happening with Cleric. I saw this happen when leveling up from 4 to 5 and 5 to 6:
Hammer of the Pious (self dmg buff #2) became Heavenly Visions (pbaoe mez)
Heavenly Visions (pbaoe mez) became Hammer of Faith (self dmg buff #1)

At the time I was spec'd as 1 rejuv, 1 enhance, 4 smite

I will note, that the quickbar icons themselves don't change (but the tool tips do). Very easy to activate the wrong thing.
Wed 16 Sep 2020 1:23 PM by gruenesschaf
Next update will see an attempt to fix this, it should fix it for skill gains while logged in, unclear currently if it persists through relogs. There is the chance that this will mess up bars for existing players, if that is the case only once after the first login after the change that would be acceptable, if it happens on every relog it would obviously not be acceptable and be reverted.

Return to Resolved Issues or the latest topics