Issue Timeline

averok83 created this issue Fri 18 Jun 2021 1:28 PM
gruenesschaf reviewed this issue Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:55 PM
gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to backlog Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:55 PM

Re: Friar Procdamage scaling is 100% str instead of dex .

Bradekes wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:42 PM
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:17 PM
Why are people even arguing this? We all know strength does nothing for a friar, so the DD should not scale with it. Valewalker benefits from strength, reavers benefit from str/dex, thanes benefit from str. Too many old biased people playing this game.

Ohh wow.. now friars benefit from str cool!

Just like VW benefit from dex and thane benefit from dex.. I request VW/thane cast speed be moved to str, because that's the logic I see in how a game works!
Dex allows vdubs to cast their LT faster and has a defensive role, thane also gets this offensive and defensive benefit from dex…strength has zero effect on the friar abilities other than the dd proc scaling. If you are going to try to build an argument, try using direct comparisons? If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals, but strength does not increase WS/penetration, defense or anything, so trying to use those two classes as your baseline comparison is quite the reach, lol. I think you need to sit back and understand the definition of “logic” before you use it so nonchalantly.

gromet12 wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:18 PM
If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals,

Piety does not increase heals, it increases power pool to cast more heals but not the value of the heal
So have it scale with piety? It sounds like that would be fine with you since you specifically picked that sentence and disregarded the rest? Right? Also, does having a bigger power pool not increase heals? If you strawman, you need to do it properly my dear.

Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:06 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Renork wrote:
Why are people even arguing this? We all know strength does nothing for a friar, so the DD should not scale with it. Valewalker benefits from strength, reavers benefit from str/dex, thanes benefit from str. Too many old biased people playing this game.

Just like VW benefit from dex and thane benefit from dex.. I request VW/thane cast speed be moved to str, because that's the logic I see in how a game works!
Dex allows vdubs to cast their LT faster and has a defensive role, thane also gets this offensive and defensive benefit from dex…strength has zero effect on the friar abilities other than the dd proc scaling. If you are going to try to build an argument, try using direct comparisons? If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals, but strength does not increase WS/penetration, defense or anything, so trying to use those two classes as your baseline comparison is quite the reach, lol. I think you need to sit back and understand the definition of “logic” before you use it so nonchalantly.

And str helps friars style proc dmg. You're putting too much utility on one stat for friars bro.. it's either the same for every proc class - put it on acuity or put it on str. No special treatment for friars just because you feel like they need to be special.

Bradekes wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 5:16 PM
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:06 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Renork wrote:

And str helps friars style proc dmg. You're putting too much utility on one stat for friars bro.. it's either the same for every proc class - put it on acuity or put it on str. No special treatment for friars just because you feel like they need to be special.
So, you basically have no argument other than you getting whopped by friars, ok bro. Next.