Issue Timeline

Bry created this issue Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:52 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Sun 11 Oct 2020 12:28 PM
Uthred changed the status of this issue from new to backlog Sun 11 Oct 2020 12:30 PM

Amber simulacrum pet group run speed bug (pet is out of range of its group but still gets the minst/sorc run speed buff)

The amber pets are not in range of their group members run speed buff, but still getting run speed buff from the group.

The 160% spirit spec run speed buff works whether the pet is in combat or not. What you are seeing here is a pet get snare nuked and 10s later when it comes out of combat, the pet gets a speed tick from its group members who are clearly out of range. The snare from the snare nuke is still on the pet; you can tell when the pet hits me that it once again is snared off.

https://youtu.be/kBgM_R_DyqI

1:06 - the pets get snared off with a 30s 40% run speed snare
1:18 - the pets get the group's run speed buff after coming out of combat while the group is nowhere close by.

Re: Amber simulacrum pet group run speed bug (pet is out of range of its group but still gets the minst/sorc run speed buff)

Bry wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:52 PM
The amber pets are not in range of their group members run speed buff, but still getting run speed buff from the group.
Bry wrote:
The 160% spirit spec run speed buff...

???

Bry wrote:
The 160% spirit spec run speed buff works whether the pet is in combat or not.
Bry wrote:
1:18 - the pets get the group's run speed buff after coming out of combat

???

Contradictions?

The cab pet has its own speed buff casted upon it, so its not dependant on other group members.
From your video you can see the pet speed stopping when in combat, before it reapplies out of combat and catches up.
Your snare is only 40% and 30seconds so it will still be moving towards you, with probably 50% resists from the group reducing the duration.

Re: Amber simulacrum pet group run speed bug (pet is out of range of its group but still gets the minst/sorc run speed buff)

wrote: Bryan Adkins - 10 hours ago
I'm well aware of the 160% pet run speed buff in the spirit line. That buff works whether pet is in combat or not. Watch the pet get a speed tick at 1:17 after coming out of combat. The speed ticks the pet is getting at 1:17 (while diseased and still snared from the snare nuke) are not due to the spirit line buff because that speed buff has nothing to do with being in or out of combat. Watch again at 1:21 - the pet hits me, puts itself back into combat, and the disease and snare from the snarenuke kick back in. Clearly a bug.

From what I can see in the combat log from your video:
There are two cab pets attacking you. You QC aoe mezz both, swim, heal pot and then turn to aoe snare only one pet, then QC aoe snare it again (still missing the other just out of aoe range). Then you pan away. The one without speed, has an out of combat speed boost which leads to it suddenly catching up, which is when you strength debuff.

I also never saw disease casted or mentioned in logs.
The speed difference after the mezz could be that one pet had full resists and wasn't killed/recast from earlier. And/Or they were spirit and split spec combo with different level pet speed spells.

I reviewed your video again carefully and there indeed seems to be some strange behavior.
Yeah, I still didn't see disease being cast and AoE snare was working as intended, but still can see pets boost up/slow down at strange points.
I could find some strange behaviors at later part of the video actually, than the part you described.

0:59 AoE snare dd on 1st pet(30s duration) - 184(-103) dmg dealt, so the pet has 36% energy resist thus snare duration is 19s-ish
1:04 AoE snare dd on 2nd pet(30s duration) - same as above

1:18 1st pet's speed starts to boost up - and it is 19 sec after snare dd is applied
couldn't get the exact point when 2nd pet starts to boost its speed due to panning

Interesting part is here though.
1:21 OP is caught by the 1st pet and get hit. And suddenly the 1st pet's speed drops and runs slower than OP.
You can see there is no 2nd hit from 1st pet until 2nd pet approaches and stun OP.
This can't be described other than pulse speed effect.

There is another point
OP is stunned and get hit multiple times.
1:43 last hit from pets. OP succeeds in peeling off only by sprinting(meaning pets run slower than OP)
1:51 one of the pet suddenly boosts up and catch OP again.
This time, there was no snare involved and again, this can't be described other than the effect from pulse speed.

I think there is 2 possibilities here about this strange behavior.
1. A speed class was following their pet from behind in the water.
or
2. Pet was getting pulse speed out of range, which is a bug.

Chia wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:49 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 6:00 AM
2. Pet was getting pulse speed out of range, which is a bug.

No it's not. As a couple of people have already stated Cabalist get a speed buff for the pet in their spirit line, cabby does not need to be near for pet to have this buff. The buff is 160% speed at 45.

Yeah, one of the people that mentioned cabby pet speed buff is me.
Reread carefully what i've wrote.
Avoid replying after reading only one sentence of the whole post. lol

There is indeed a bit of a weirdness going on. To avoid constant pet loss while on a boat or when roaming with speed 5 if neither the owner nor pet is in combat and the pet has not an attack target set it will be boosted to the higher speed of itself or the owner.

The weirdness / bug though is what it means to have an attack target set, it doesn't mean the pet has a target but the owner commanded it to attack something. In this case the pets attacked you because they were defensive and not because the owner sent it to attack you, the speed tick wouldn't have happened in the latter case.

To everyone saying the pet has a 160% speed buff for itself. Yes it does. IT IS ALWAYS ACTIVE; it doesn't matter if the pet is in combat or not. A group wide runspeed buff from a sorc, theur, minst is not active in combat.

At 1:19 when the pet is snared then suddenly speeds up to hit me, then is snared again after it enters combat, that was a speed tick pulse from the group. The spirit line 160% speed buff is not affected by the pet being in combat or not, which means if it was only the spirit line speed buff that was on the pet, the pet wouldn't speed up or slow down if ht was hitting me or not.

Clearly the pet got a speed tick from the group that was no where in range. Clearly a bug.