Issue Timeline

Gambler created this issue Tue 13 Jul 2021 2:58 AM

Critt Blade need to spec LA to increase CS dmg ?

hi , i didnt play SB for ages and just saw there are new / other styles ...
i was CS specced like 50cs ,, 34 pois ,34 stealth , sword 35 and leftover LA (i dont remember how much it was )
was doing some test on that dummies and figured out that even i do 50cs and 50 sword i will increase the dmg if i do spec on LA as well , its suppossed to be like that ?
and its not only the OH dmg it increase the MH dmg as well.
now i am a bit confused as idk it was always like that or smthn wrong since this style changes
may someone can enlighten me

tia

Re: Critt Blade need to spec LA to increase CS dmg ?

Bradekes wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 4:50 AM
Critblade use 2h sword. If you DW you increase both MH & OH dmg with leftaxe spec investment.
i didnt play Critt Blade then , my bad , just if i could PA someone then i used 2h ....
so just to confirm i do need spec LA even i am not using any styles of them to increase my dmg at all ? that sounds weird to me ,just wanted to be sure that there isnt any probs with this new style stuff.
so everybody goes for 50 LA then ?

Gambler wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 3:56 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 4:50 AM
Critblade use 2h sword. If you DW you increase both MH & OH dmg with leftaxe spec investment.
i didnt play Critt Blade then , my bad , just if i could PA someone then i used 2h ....
so just to confirm i do need spec LA even i am not using any styles of them to increase my dmg at all ? that sounds weird to me ,just wanted to be sure that there isnt any probs with this new style stuff.
so everybody goes for 50 LA then ?

Not everyone goes 50 LA. Leftaxe offhand swings every hit so to balance it the damage of the MH + OH increase as you invest points in it. Your MH dmg actually decreases when you equip a LA. Try your styles with only MH equipped then with LA and you will see the amount dropped. It's preferable to equip fast OH and slow MH to see increase dps through attack speed boost as well by using that method.

There are 2 different dual wield mechanics here. Left axe and Celtic Dual/Dual wield from hib/alb.

Left axe always has the offhand swing. The downside is your attacks deal less damage.

Mainhand starts with 77.3% damage and every point in LA increases your damage by 0,34%.
Offhand starts with 52.5% damage and every point in LA increases your damage by 0,52%.

Also your offhand hit chance is determined by your LA skill. So every point in LA will lower your offhand to miss by 0,05%.
Yarna is not nice