Issue Timeline

paqdizzle created this issue Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:50 AM

Re: Phoenix combat log bugged

paqdizzle wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:34 AM
Kurbsen wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:29 AM
I see that it says your hits and con decreased when you swapped your weapons out. are you capped hits/con on your armor or are you using those stats required to cap your temp?

My guy isn't temped, so when I swapped my stats changed. if it was a str/con debuff the system message would have been stated. it was not.

then this is prob part of your issue. if you swap weapons out that have hits/con on them you end up losing that health and have to regen it back.
Itachi - Bard

Kurbsen wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:36 AM
paqdizzle wrote:
Kurbsen wrote:
I see that it says your hits and con decreased when you swapped your weapons out. are you capped hits/con on your armor or are you using those stats required to cap your temp?

My guy isn't temped, so when I swapped my stats changed. if it was a str/con debuff the system message would have been stated. it was not.

then this is prob part of your issue. if you swap weapons out that have hits/con on them you end up losing that health and have to regen it back.

there was 12hp(3 con) difference on the swap. not over 300 lol what piece of gear has over 300hp on it?

paqdizzle wrote:
my word.. you'll just have to trust I ain't just wasting my time with pictures and time on the forums to get something addressed... or you're implying I'm trying to just hate on the server?

You constantly make posts about problems with the server and then consistently fail to provide meaningful evidence.

So, we are left with two conclusions— either you are incapable of understanding what makes evidence irrefutable (or even compelling), or, more likely, you have an issue with the Phoenix team/server.

Magesty wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 5:25 AM
paqdizzle wrote:
my word.. you'll just have to trust I ain't just wasting my time with pictures and time on the forums to get something addressed... or you're implying I'm trying to just hate on the server?

You constantly make posts about problems with the server and then consistently fail to provide meaningful evidence.

So, we are left with two conclusions— either you are incapable of understanding what makes evidence irrefutable (or even compelling), or, more likely, you have an issue with the Phoenix team/server.

Like? Archery being bugged out later to be confirmed by the lead programmer? hmm.. odd.. only YOU have been in all of my posts trying to prove me wrong defending the facts that there are indeed bugs that's needing fleshed out.

Lead dev confirmed that when I hit the "Max 26%" test dummy, and it got resisted for 33% is a red flag... Stop posting in my threads and harassing me..

paqdizzle wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:46 AM
Kurbsen wrote:
paqdizzle wrote:
Kurbsen wrote:

there was 12hp(3 con) difference on the swap. not over 300 lol what piece of gear has over 300hp on it?
That might be it- when you change weapons the stats are dropped and then the new ones applied which means you lose all the CON, not just the difference.

nm misread like you had 28 on one and 25 on the other

easytoremember wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 7:52 AM
paqdizzle wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:46 AM
Kurbsen wrote:
paqdizzle wrote:
Kurbsen wrote:

That might be it- when you change weapons the stats are dropped and then the new ones applied which means you lose all the CON, not just the difference.

nm misread like you had 28 on one and 25 on the other

All good.. I'm just confused, as to this happening multiple times vs assassins. this was just the first time I actually took screens of it all. happened like 4 times that I've noticed, where I would be like, how is my HP just deleted after just 3 or 4 swings- look at my debuffs and then add up the damages displayed. match it with whatever % hp I was at by the end, and found out there isn't something being displayed or it's bugged, or even worse, a class feature being bugged.

I usually don't bother looking through the combat log if I died, but if I get away after the fact, I try to see what all happened to prevent future fights/battles ending that way. When the numbers don't add up, I simply want to know how. Not try to argue or say ItS tHe SerVeRs FauLt or Bad mouth the devs as if it was intentional or I'm just trying to come off like I'm trying to sabotage the name of Phoenix.. I simply want stability and balance. But every time I have an issue, I get trolled/harassed by people in this forum as if this server is PERFECT, so I tend to not post things here anymore. Everything has problems or bugs, nothing if ever fully balanced, no game is or has been, so I wont pretend that it's anyone's fault. This isn't bashing phoenix, nor it's devs. (even though I have been frustrated with them before) ((I haven't ever lied to them about anything..

I even showed them personally- the bug if you take a boat from alb to Hlid, it rides up the side of EV mountain but if you disembark while it's on the hillside, you can just hop to the top of EV walls, and as a scout or archer, you can hit people from SUPER far out.. I'm here to help the server, not break it.. But if I get ignored, I get upset and frustrated because there are genuine concerns that should be addressed.

Test how much hp your character has after greater enervating poison. It should be around 1310ish, remove 1004 from that and add a potential reg tick between pa and disease application and 26% seems accurate.
I'd say the numbers match too well for it to be anything else.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 11:36 AM
Test how much hp your character has after greater enervating poison. It should be around 1310ish, remove 1004 from that and add a potential reg tick between pa and disease application and 26% seems accurate.
I'd say the numbers match too well for it to be anything else.

There is around 300 HP still not accounted for, after adding everything up in the combat log, not just values of damage. This would be more accurate if I was str/con debuffed and still be off by a good 50-100 or so. Except I wasn't debuffed in this manor.

And I tested around 1-3pm pacific time, with draught of combined, and self buffs- 1895 HP. After a str/con debuff and a 322 damage hit (the hit(s) that applied the poison) I was at 1,254 HP or 66%HP left. if you add 322 to that, I would be at 1576 which tells me the value of the str/con alone was 319 HP. But this is where I get confused: When I tested this, I only got hit once and it was the str/con debuff, nothing else. I only got hit 2 more times in my picture with a total of 628 more damage dealt including the poison damage ticks.(replacing the applied poison hit 311 main hand, 31 off hand with the 322 hit ((Total health off by 20hp)) Which if you add that to my other test I would have been at 626 total life or 33% Which would be more accurate with maybe around 1-2% wiggle room.. certainly not 26%

You also get a blue message (default color) that states you feel weaker then another saying your strength/con decreases ect. In my picture, you can see everything that happened.

Could it be possible that in that encounter the combat log didn't display that I was str/con debuffed? Still, I didn't see the debuff on my buff section of the screen. it's happened more than once. 300+/- HP just not accounted for.

paqdizzle wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 12:43 PM
Could it be possible that in that encounter the combat log didn't display that I was str/con debuffed? Still, I didn't see the debuff on my buff section of the screen. it's happened more than once. 300+/- HP just not accounted for.

Afaik there is no known issue of either an effect not showing in the buff section or an effect sometimes not showing its message in the combat log (aside from the current style procs where some effects are missing their debuff messages but that would be a case where they never show anything and not only sometimes nothing).

The way the damage taken is handled I very much doubt that anything fishy is going on there and if there is indeed a discrepancy between taken damage and remaining hp the most likely candidate would be the combat log. Given how well it would match with the remaining hp in this particular case, the most likely cause is indeed the ws/con debuff. I also somewhat doubt that the sb here would only have poison on one weapon or 2x dot poison.

paqdizzle wrote: There is around 300 HP still not accounted for, after adding everything up in the combat log, not just values of damage. This would be more accurate if I was str/con debuffed and still be off by a good 50-100 or so. Except I wasn't debuffed in this manor.

And I tested around 1-3pm pacific time, with draught of combined, and self buffs- 1895 HP. After a str/con debuff and a 322 damage hit (the hit(s) that applied the poison) I was at 1,254 HP or 66%HP left. if you add 322 to that, I would be at 1576 which tells me the value of the str/con alone was 319 HP. But this is where I get confused: When I tested this, I only got hit once and it was the str/con debuff, nothing else. I only got hit 2 more times in my picture with a total of 628 more damage dealt including the poison damage ticks.(replacing the applied poison hit 311 main hand, 31 off hand with the 322 hit ((Total health off by 20hp)) Which if you add that to my other test I would have been at 626 total life or 33% Which would be more accurate with maybe around 1-2% wiggle room.. certainly not 26%

The debuff itself should put you at around 1310, since some time ago the stealth opener damage is delayed until after the debuff application in order to not have a the entire pa damage eaten up by the potential con debuff. That means if you are actually hit by a pa for 300 with ws/con debuff poison on the mainhand the 300 would be removed from your hp after the debuff.
Note that only the stealth opener damage is delayed. The offhand swing damage and mainhand debuff application timings are non deterministic but the offhand will more often than not do its damage before the mainhand debuff is applied.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 7:35 PM
paqdizzle wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 12:43 PM

Afaik there is no known issue of either an effect not showing in the buff section or an effect sometimes not showing its message in the combat log (aside from the current style procs where some effects are missing their debuff messages but that would be a case where they never show anything and not only sometimes nothing).

The way the damage taken is handled I very much doubt that anything fishy is going on there and if there is indeed a discrepancy between taken damage and remaining hp the most likely candidate would be the combat log. Given how well it would match with the remaining hp in this particular case, the most likely cause is indeed the ws/con debuff. I also somewhat doubt that the sb here would only have poison on one weapon or 2x dot poison.

paqdizzle wrote: There is around 300 HP still not accounted for, after adding everything up in the combat log, not just values of damage. This would be more accurate if I was str/con debuffed and still be off by a good 50-100 or so. Except I wasn't debuffed in this manor.

The debuff itself should put you at around 1310, since some time ago the stealth opener damage is delayed until after the debuff application in order to not have a the entire pa damage eaten up by the potential con debuff. That means if you are actually hit by a pa for 300 with ws/con debuff poison on the mainhand the 300 would be removed from your hp after the debuff.
Note that only the stealth opener damage is delayed. The offhand swing damage and mainhand debuff application timings are non deterministic but the offhand will more often than not do its damage before the mainhand debuff is applied.

the debuff itself puts me at 1576 on the dot. If it should be at 1310, then you're saying that the str con debuff itself is taking off 585 hp. That seems off and if it doesn't seem off, maybe that's a tad bit over the top in regards to what the WS/Con debuff does to players. specifically a ranger in this case. Don't tanks get more value from con than rangers per con? That's another topic for another time, as to my OP, there is still over 300 HP not accounted for in the combat log vs a remainder of 26% left from 1895.