Issue Timeline

boridi created this issue Sun 27 Jun 2021 2:02 PM

Re: Melee styles don't land after melee range change

All the time I get this... Target out of range then I swing unstyled and hit a split second later...

I have to be standing on someone to snare them.... Really hard when you are rushing a mezzed target to land snare styles to keep them locked down while the casters melt them only to not be in range and then unstyled hit them and have them sprint away.
Tulpa, Tulpin, Tulpion, Tulpamist, Tulpent, Tulpanter..... you get the idea.
Lurikeen Death Cult

Posting this for a banned person.

I was farming some mobs and doing the standard run through/rear style after the shield slam stun, however, I was experiencing whiffs on the mobs. At first I thought it was an angle issue, but soon realized it was a distance issue. The standard /stick proved to be TOO FAR AWAY from the mob to land the style. Suddenly many of the issues I experienced after the style/melee range changes were made were explained. The melee range changes are responsible for the decrease in melee efficiency to the point that you can stick a stunned mob and be out of range to land the melee style. This correlates to the problems many experience during RvR, and is compounded by the disparity in character size, as you must be closer to a target to land a style, but if you're a Firb, Half Ogre, or Troll, you must be close enough to the point that you can't even see the target, or their orientation, which ruins your positional style chance. I would highly advise reverting the melee range changes, as the reduction has had an extremely detrimental impact on all melee characters.
Lurikeen Death Cult

further to this another issue may be compounding this...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/faqrguJfGq8jyzsS7

photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOovPMCeGvTkbONQsq_B5WKkrPl6ci0CcLhDS2W
photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMJOeHw9TIxB_SmvXBeHD2u5ShjPV184ndXKcKA

Same position 1 degree of rotation difference, means you can't land a style even though you are in the correct spot....

Either you can hit or you can't... this is broken. Target is in view should be able to hit it with a style.

But you are 1 degree rotation off and suddenly only unstyled hits land....
Lurikeen Death Cult