Uthred reviewed this issue Sat 31 Oct 2020 10:11 AM
Uthred reviewed this issue Tue 3 Nov 2020 9:58 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Tue 3 Nov 2020 9:59 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Wed 4 Nov 2020 8:08 AM
Uthred reviewed this issue Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:52 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Tue 10 Nov 2020 1:26 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Mon 16 Nov 2020 7:48 PM

Re: Archers shooting through the ground floor / ceiling texture of towers

The screenshots and description gave me the impression there had been those rectangular slit windows placed throughout the tower at one point but glossed over lazily with noalpha textures without changing the model

After watching the video I guess it is the lag ghosts that are being shot. I've always seen them a lot during zerg fights and pick up those targets with tab but have never been able to swing at them or start a cast or even shoot them because 'Target is not in view.' even if they are still in the process of ghosting

Strikejk wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:55 PM
Archers can currently shoot through the ground floor / ceiling texture of towers. They sit in the basement, and shoot through the ceiling/floor of the tower at people on the next level.
This issue is already heavily bug abused on a daily basis by numerous rangers (see appeal) and thus needs to be solved ASAP. Sorry for sounding overly dramatic but this is literally killing every tower fight vs hibs with 99% of the playerbase not even knowing what the hell is going on and why they just die. If this knowledge spreads further then all tower fights will devolve into scout/ranger/hunter groups sitting in the basement killing everyone above (a thing hibs already do with their ranger groups).

If this texture issue can't be fixed then archery indoors needs to be removed completely for towers (in the meantime). This is unacceptable in the current state.

Update1: I did a quick test with a scout (thanks for the help!). We found 4 holes that are 100% shoot-through. From the basement to the lordroom or the floor inbetween. If you stand in these places the enemy archer in the basement can 100% hit you with all his arrows, with an assist of 5-6 archers this is an instant death. Just "driving-by" these spots also seem to be enough to let the shot go through, even if you just ran over that spot for a split second.

Here are the 4 spots I found in the quick and dirty tests:
Oil level 1:
https://imgur.com/fHIGol6
Oil level 2:
https://imgur.com/c28jtv8
Lord room 1:
https://imgur.com/rMPdHq7
Lord room 2:
https://imgur.com/a4EzO0c

On top of that I also got shot multiple times simply running around on the different floor levels and up/down the staircases between oil-level and lordroom. It seems to happen due to glitching through the floor (extrapolation to reduce visible lag?) as the scout reported seeing me appear at the basement for a split second. Or due to multiple smaller holes that I couldn't pinpoint exactly in this small test. (by "drive-by" shots I explained above)

I'm sure there are plenty more holes where the archer in the basement can hit people above him in the tower, probably depending on his own position and his target position. This was just a very quick test and I already managed to find 4 definite holes and plenty of random hits.

Update2: Here is the video of the test, sorry for the bad quality, I hope it is good enough to see the random hits I got running through the tower. The scout position didn't change the entire test and is showcased at the end. (sorry I forgot to start the video at the beginning)

Video is currently uploading but here is the link already:
https://youtu.be/Gaoc6XBz-Fs

I reported this too. Except I saw how it works from the perspective of a scout. and to be 100% with you, it's not the scouts shooting through the floor, because on our screen: we see the smallest little blip of characters coming down to the base floor. So you just sit at the bottom with a critshot ready and spam the nearest enemy target, and fire button. Once those character come to the bottom floor, you shoot immediately and it hits. Can't believe when I mentioned it the first time, it never got fixed. I even DM'ed the gms and was told "We'll take a look into this issue". that's cool.

paqdizzle wrote:
Wed 4 Nov 2020 5:58 AM
I reported this too. Except I saw how it works from the perspective of a scout. and to be 100% with you, it's not the scouts shooting through the floor, because on our screen: we see the smallest little blip of characters coming down to the base floor. So you just sit at the bottom with a critshot ready and spam the nearest enemy target, and fire button. Once those character come to the bottom floor, you shoot immediately and it hits. Can't believe when I mentioned it the first time, it never got fixed. I even DM'ed the gms and was told "We'll take a look into this issue". that's cool.

Thanks for the input!

As a side note, as I already stated in my OP this still happens on a regular basis (literally every tower hibs can get into with their ranger assist squad) and not some "rare" instance. And this is no exaggeration, it is literally every tower, if archers made it into them, especially the hib ranger squad which everyone should be familiar with.A solution for this issue is needed quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/2J6YTrY.jpg

At least someone got it finally. +1

Strikejk wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:25 PM
MostJuanted wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 2:22 PM
I can confirm that it's possible to shoot ppl. from outside of the tower,too. When they r hiding @ Lord room 1: https://imgur.com/rMPdHq7 and push themselves too hard against the wall, you can target them and shoot them.
... If you think that is too drastic, I like to point out that all necro dots stop ticking as soon as the pet dies, something that was recently changed on this server to fix the issue that people carried the Darkspire-dot into towns. Did necro's got any consideration or compensation? No. The entire pain (dot)-spec got heavily nerfed, especially in towers where necros use the strength of their class that the pet can suicide-bomb without killing the shade. (useless now because even if you get the ae-dot off, the pet dies 1s later which now removes the dot.)
That custom-nerf for necro's is way heavier in terms of balance than blocking archery inside towers and it wasn't even an issue with necro's to begin with but an issue with a mob in an instance the necro has nothing to do with but got hit by "friendly-nerf-fire" so to speak.

So give me a break, it is not too drastic to block archery in towers if that necro nerf is fine. However that would require a neutral mindset.

Nidd wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 11:56 PM
Strikejk wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:55 PM
Archers can currently shoot through the ground floor / ceiling texture of towers. They sit in the basement, and shoot through the ceiling/floor of the tower at people on the next level.

100% untrue, you die when arrow is in flight running to the next level. you cant shoot through floors.

keep crying tho.

next.

My toon was healing at oil level while getting shot through floor. Also on Lord room ( tower ) also , and feedback from other players in the tower states they were in safe zone bottom floor doing this. I wont mention any names tho.

Strikejk wrote:
Fri 6 Nov 2020 8:52 PM
Thanks for the input!

As a side note, as I already stated in my OP this still happens on a regular basis (literally every tower hibs can get into with their ranger assist squad) and not some "rare" instance. And this is no exaggeration, it is literally every tower, if archers made it into them, especially the hib ranger squad which everyone should be familiar with.A solution for this issue is needed quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/2J6YTrY.jpg

I have noticed whenever there are a large amount of players, you get a lot of lag ghosting on stairs in towers and I found I was able to target
people 1 or 2 floors up, but no LOS on them.

If there's not a lot of players around, then you don't get this, it's only when it's laggy because the client has to place 120 albs or hibs around your mid BG and it's laggy.

Gotta love a Ranger group that all assists on you and then emotes. Tells you all you need to know about the toxic ranger mindset.
How do they get a triple damage add? Some kind of hack? Damage adds should only stack twice, once for self, once for buff class/song.