Issue Timeline

Strikejk created this issue Thu 15 Oct 2020 8:25 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:50 PM
Uthred changed the status of this issue from new to backlog Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:50 PM

Large shield bonus blockrate not working

I just had a case where my bonus blockrate (+30%) vs projectiles from wearing a large shield did not work.
It happened when I was also in melee combat with a melee guard from a tower.

Afaik having a guard attack you in melee combat should not remove your large shield blockrate bonus vs projectiles.

With large shield my blockrate is around 50% vs projectiles, without its around 20%. In the picture below you can clearly see it being way lower while the guard attacks me. The guard was also the only melee attacking me, thus there should be no malus from having to many attackers. Especially because the first arrow was being blocked with an already low %, before the other archers attacked me which would result in a total amount of 2 attackers. To me it is clear the 30% bonus was not applied because I was in melee combat with a guard. I faced the attackers (both guard and archers)

Link: https://imgur.com/m5NpQCS

Re: Large shield bonus blockrate not working

Strikejk wrote:
Thu 15 Oct 2020 8:25 PM
I just had a case where my bonus blockrate (+30%) vs projectiles from wearing a large shield did not work.
It happened when I was also in melee combat with a melee guard from a tower.

Afaik having a guard attack you in melee combat should not remove your large shield blockrate bonus vs projectiles.

With large shield my blockrate is around 50% vs projectiles, without its around 20%. In the picture below you can clearly see it being way lower while the guard attacks me. The guard was also the only melee attacking me, thus there should be no malus from having to many attackers. Especially because the first arrow was being blocked with an already low %, before the other archers attacked me which would result in a total amount of 2 attackers. To me it is clear the 30% bonus was not applied because I was in melee combat with a guard. I faced the attackers (both guard and archers)

Link: https://imgur.com/m5NpQCS

Has been an issue for some time, I at first thought the dragon shield was the issue because of its speed, tried another large shield and scouts/rangers can still plank at will. It works when you guard someone though. Since tanks are just forced to siege/block bots it technically works here