Issue Timeline

CowwoC created this issue Sun 23 May 2021 7:12 PM
gruenesschaf reviewed this issue Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:48 PM
gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to closed Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:48 PM

Re: Grey Darkness Falls mobs seemingly have Detect Hidden

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 9:40 AM
Grey mobs always had the chance to unstealth you, even on live.
And no, it's really rare that grey mobs unstealth you... You can stand minutes around them for it to happen sometimes.

Yep, I know of a certain kobold hunter who was able to get unstealthed by grey mobs with a 50% chance, it was ridiculous - I always suspected it was his smell...

Re: Grey Darkness Falls mobs seemingly have Detect Hidden

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 9:40 AM
Grey mobs always had the chance to unstealth you, even on live.
And no, it's really rare that grey mobs unstealth you... You can stand minutes around them for it to happen sometimes.
I can't remember a single occasion i or anyone else i knew on live was ever unstealthed by a grey mob. In fact you literally could sneak past behind high level mobs without any problem, let alone staying stealthed in field of greys forever.

Anyway I got unstealthed 3 times by grey mobs just yesterday and i wasn't even camping a spot - this feels off to me.

Re: Grey Darkness Falls mobs seemingly have Detect Hidden

CowwoC wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 6:00 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 9:40 AM
Grey mobs always had the chance to unstealth you, even on live.
And no, it's really rare that grey mobs unstealth you... You can stand minutes around them for it to happen sometimes.
I can't remember a single occasion i or anyone else i knew on live was ever unstealthed by a grey mob. In fact you literally could sneak past behind high level mobs without any problem, let alone staying stealthed in field of greys forever.

Anyway I got unstealthed 3 times by grey mobs just yesterday and i wasn't even camping a spot - this feels off to me.

I had a ranger 11L and I stopped after catacomb. Grey mobs always had a chance to unstealth you. On phoenix, it rarelly happens, so I don't know why you say it happens all the time and they detect you more than high level mobs.
Also you can past behind hight level mobs here too...

Re: Grey Darkness Falls mobs seemingly have Detect Hidden

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 11:44 PM
CowwoC wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 6:00 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 9:40 AM
Grey mobs always had the chance to unstealth you, even on live.
And no, it's really rare that grey mobs unstealth you... You can stand minutes around them for it to happen sometimes.
I can't remember a single occasion i or anyone else i knew on live was ever unstealthed by a grey mob. In fact you literally could sneak past behind high level mobs without any problem, let alone staying stealthed in field of greys forever.

Anyway I got unstealthed 3 times by grey mobs just yesterday and i wasn't even camping a spot - this feels off to me.

I had a ranger 11L and I stopped after catacomb. Grey mobs always had a chance to unstealth you. On phoenix, it rarelly happens, so I don't know why you say it happens all the time and they detect you more than high level mobs.
Also you can past behind hight level mobs here too...

I never said "it happens all the time", please read again. And as i said before, even if it was possible for grey mobs to unstealth you on live, it never ever happened to me nor do i knew anyone who faced this as an issue, maybe because it indeed was really rare - and here comes in my observation on phoenix from that evening, i got unstealthed 3 times in maybe a playtime of 1 to 2 hours. I then simply asked a GM in discord about it and he told me that this sounds weird and might be a bug and i should report it here, so i did. There is a difference between getting unstealthed by a grey mob once in a lifetimes vs 3 times in 2 hours - at least for my understanding of the term "rare".